Night of the Living Dead Reviews

• Apr 01, 2021

It's a classic for a reason and while the colour version (which I watched) doesn't work it's in the public domain go and watch it

• Mar 24, 2021

Well this movie for me was childhood nightmares for me and it taught me a lot about surviving Zombies and survivors and so much stuff this film taught all of us was to be good survivors to others in a Zombie apocalypse and I saw this movie with my friends in 2015 and it was sick but the classic George A. Romero the dude is a legend at making Zombie films rise from the dead. This movie is a must watch for all Zombie movie related fans so I'd give this cult classic of a nightmare a good long watch and the movie focused on black culture so that makes the movie more important

• Mar 17, 2021

I have embarked on watching all of George A Romero's Dead series of films. I was unsure , due to the age of this film, if it would look dated and out of touch. How wrong could I have been , this film is as relevant today as the day it was filmed. The end is particularly disturbing and nothing more than an extremely powerful social comment. This was the first film ever to take Zombies away from the Folk law and rituals of Voodoo and make then into a horror genre of their own. The camera work and energetic performances add to the unfolding terror and the music suits the atmosphere brilliantly. Great effects and given the date some horrific scenes. The one criticism i have is that the main female character is shown as helpless and in need of care throughout. This can be forgiven due to date and times it was filmed and of course in the story , shock at the death of her brother. This is something apparently in later years George himself commented on and corrected in his later films. A great horror classic that set the bar extremely high for future horror walking dead films to come.

• Feb 26, 2021

Classic American Horror film from 1968! This is the movie pretty much responsible for the entire Zombie genre. Duane Jones is very good in the lead role. The news reels are probably my favorite part of this movie. I just watched the Colorized version that came out in 2004 (It's available on DVD). The Color version is worth a watch for any fan of the original film, but it doesn't come close to the original B&W version.

• Feb 21, 2021

This movie is original, Truly scary, and you can imagine it as real which makes for great horror.

• Jan 03, 2021

George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead is a truly a masterpiece of horror and fear with beautiful made black and white screen that felt like a documentary and Duane Jones as Ben our hero in a horror film on a film he's performance is absolutely brave and strong that it should have been nominated for this performance including original screenplay and cinematography.

• Dec 31, 2020

What started it all...and not just zombie movies. Any good horror movie (or any other movie for that matter) brings attention to social and/or political currents of the day. This film challenges racial, gender, and (to a lesser extent) class divisions, and the dangers of giving a corporate controlled government too much power.

• Dec 27, 2020

The girl who the group fights to protect right up until she gnaws off her father's arm and stabs her mother to death with a trowel is a literal Karen, just wanted to point that out. The film that paved the way for a half-century of zombie films that is still progressing with no signs of stopping, Night of the Living Dead succeeds through its simplicity, claustrophobic imagery, and sound design. The acting's a bit campy at times,sure, but the film's domestic setting, uncertainty over the extent of the event, and mistrust/conflicting goals among survivors all add to the sense of consistent peril. There is something surprisingly great about a paranormal threat that can be effectively combated by a group of good ol' boys just wandering around, locked and loaded. Still a solid experience, and forever the granddaddy of modern zombie flicks. (4/5)

• Dec 26, 2020

A Noite dos Mortos-Vivos (1968) #IMDb #MovieReview 4,0 ⭐️ Grupo de pessoas tentam se defender em casa que está sendo atacada por mortos vivos. Romero em clássico do terror. Ótimo filme!

• Dec 15, 2020

This is one of those movies you watch, google around to figure out what cultural context you're missing, and then never think about again. Its not a movie worth watching today based off its own merits alone - theres a reason why genres evolve