Night Patrol Reviews

• Feb 26, 2019

one of my favourite comedys of all time, deffo in my top 5 anyway

one of my favourite comedys of all time, deffo in my top 5 anyway

• Oct 07, 2018

Oldsters may remember this as something in frequent rotation on USA Up All Night. Uncensored, and through the lens of 2018, Night Patrol can be a bit of a difficult watch. At some point, you have to either say "This is too offensive, and I'm not watching it" or accept that "things were different back then". As a point of reference, I sometimes have the same internal conflict with White Christmas when they do their Asian and minstrel show routines. In the "things were different then" context, Night Patrol is a fairly decent product of its time. The comparisons with the Police Academy series are a bit off the mark, I'd say. Night Patrol is much more self-aware than Police Academy, putting it more in line with Police Squad! or Airplane!. Sadly, Night Patrol isn't as consistent as any of the aforementioned movies, and the last third of the movie seems like it was slapped together to tie up the underlying (and largely irrelevant plot). I'm not sue if being a stand-up comedian was something that would get you fired from being a police officer in 1984, but that's the string that's supposed to tie Night Patrol together. It doesn't make sense now, and I doubt that it did then. But if you go with it and set aside the multiple _____-phobia instances, there's at least a solid hour of decent comedy here.

• May 22, 2016

A couple (and I mean a couple) of funny lines in an otherwise terrible tone deaf awful movie. Stick with Police Academy

• Jan 16, 2015

If you like slapstick then you will enjoy Night Patrol.

If you like slapstick then you will enjoy Night Patrol.

• May 13, 2014

This film was handed around the school playground on a VHS tape when i was a kid. It contained scenes that the kids all talked about and was considered the stuff of legend. The tape never made it to me, so i've only now (some 30 years later) had a chance to see it. Well... the scenes everyone talked about are all there... i'm sure they would have seemed funnier at the time. It has a enough giggles to keep you entertained, but it's not quite as good as other comedy films from the same time. It's quite short which is a blessing.

• Dec 13, 2013

... funny only if you're really really drunk

... funny only if you're really really drunk

• Apr 17, 2013

I guess there were many spin-offs of police academy after its release and this was one of them. It's about a cop that after all his goof ups gets sent to the night shift by his captain played by Billy Barty who has an ecsessive farting problem.there he is both a cop and a stand-up comic that has a bag on his head and calls himself "the unknown comic". So evict else gives themselves the same name and goes out and commits crimes and the real unknown comic is being chased by police for his crimes. Defiantly one of the silliest movies I gave ever seen. Some of it is dumb but most of it amazingly is funny. It does need work and is not a perfect movie and the story is lame but I did enjoy it. There are some parts that are really funny. I consider it worth a watch and not a complete waste of time.

• Dec 06, 2012

Incredibly bad. Lame, unfunny, random - there's is absolutely nothing good about this. Avoid.

• Dec 01, 2012

The absolutely stupidest movie ever made, but it remains one of my all-time favorite guilty pleasures. Hilarious from start to finish, with an Oscar-caliber performance from Billy Barty...okay, I'm kidding!!! But check this movie out if you like lewd, crude, R-rated comedy. The cock-fight scene is hysterical! LOL

• Nov 14, 2012