Notorious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Notorious Reviews

½ October 22, 2015
Subverting all expectations, the master of suspense has once again explored the viewers' desire for perversion to offer one of the most staggering depictions of love to ever grace the silver screen. And Bergman, well, she is, indeed, an unstoppable and notorious force.
½ October 9, 2015
It takes a while for this Hitchcock film to get rolling with his expected suspense work, but that's not a mark against the fantastic actors.
September 6, 2015
Wonderful performances matched with fantastic directing, this Hitchcock film still uses suspense, but focuses more on the intriguing love triangle.
May 18, 2015
Ingrid Bergman is amazing in Hitchcock's thriller of espionage.
April 11, 2015
I knew that Hitchcock could build suspense, but I was unaware of his ability to tell a ravishing love story. Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant give fantastic performances, to drive home an excellent Hitchcock film. A thoroughly enjoyable oldie.
March 11, 2015
one of my besties of my besties: thrill and romance, in chemistry ,are perfectly concocted, the tensions are well develop, like one of the 'stairs scene'. the artistry is undeniable and thematic.
March 2, 2015
Revolting piece of American propaganda.
January 20, 2015
Espias enamorados Grant y Bergman en unos roles convincentes ademàs del estupendo Claude Rains , en este inolvidable thriller.
January 6, 2015
My least favorite Hitchcock film starring Ingrid Bergman. Grand and Rains are wonderful in there roles but i felt like the suspense element was not up to par.
December 15, 2014
Great film, with masterful shots and vivid direction.
½ November 28, 2014
My favorite Hitchcock film I think. It was not as dark as some of his others, however very intense. The two main actors have great chemistry and I really liked the story.Very romantic and I love the ending too!
November 14, 2014
Great, classic film, full of tension and -- as usual -- great acting by Bergman. The direction and lighting is great as well.
½ November 8, 2014
top fifteen best spy films ever
October 23, 2014
84%
Saw this on 23/10/14
Like most of Hitchcock's other suspense thrillers, Notorious is wasted by an over addition of romance. The acting is quite good, Hitchcock's direction is solid, but it's not something that you have never seen before, that's the most disappointing part. Like Vertigo, Dial M for Murder and many other films of the director, this film uses more of romantic dilemma when it show aim more at suspense. Ingrid Bergman's acting kind of surprised me as her expressions were good and apt.
½ October 12, 2014
The "villain" is the most compelling character in this film and Hitchcock ensures we have sympathy for him.
½ October 7, 2014
Tried to hate Claude Rains but failed <3
½ September 30, 2014
Another direct hit for Mr. Hitchcock. The first spy thriller to captivate on emotions in a post WWII world.
September 12, 2014
Awesome stuff! Ingrid's performance is great, and her work in act 3 is very convincing.