Of Human Bondage - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Of Human Bondage Reviews

September 27, 2013
costumes suck this is the worst version of this
½ March 23, 2013
Kim Novak is gorgeous, though miscast, and there is a beautiful score by Ron Goodwin, but the film is wooden and dull. This third film adaptation of the novel is cold and sterile, resulting in the the audience being forced to watch a doomed romance where you don't really care about the characters involved.
February 6, 2013
It's worth it for Kim Novak and Laurence Harvey. It really is melodramatic and at times hard to watch due to the content. The performances of the main leads are the best but it's played out without much substance. It isn't all bad and has it's moments but not worth it unless you really are fans of either of the main leads...
June 24, 2012
Great movie, but very depressing.
October 17, 2008
Not spectacular, but very well done.
October 8, 2008
not bad but Bette Davis version is WAY better
½ September 16, 2008
It didn't end. Ever.
There's not much to the "helpless good guy falls in love with heartless conniving whore" formula... I KNEW she would die of syphilis.
August 15, 2008
Entertaining movie. Liked Laurence Harvey's performance. Gotta' see the original, now.
October 4, 2007
A great re-make. Laurence Harvey did a great job as Dr. Philip Carey. However, my favourite is still Leslie Howard playing Dr. Philip Carey in the original 1934 classic. I canā??t believe beautiful Kim Novak made me hate her.
I like the tag line for the movie: HE SWORE HE'D NEVER TOUCH HER AGAIN ... AND THEN SHE WHISPERED HIS NAME AND HE WAS LOST.
October 4, 2007
I liked the look of the film and enjoyed the performances, but of course I haven't read the novel.
½ October 3, 2007
Middle of the road. A good story that could have been done well, but would have been better as a novel.
½ May 12, 2007