The Omen Reviews

• Jul 26, 2019

Um dos melhores filmes ja feitos.

Um dos melhores filmes ja feitos.

• Jun 13, 2019

The Omen is a 1976 horror film directed by Richard Donner. The film stars Gregory Peck as Robert Thorn and Harvey Spencer Stephens as Damien Thorn. The story I found to be very interesting and intriguing, from Father Brennan warning Robert about the son of The Devil, to the mystery of Damien. The acting I also felt was very strong, especially Gregory Peck as Robert Thorn, I found that he gave a really gripping and very mysterious performance. The characters I personally found to be one of the best aspects of the film, especially Damien and Father Brennan. I felt that nearly every character had a creepy and mysterious vibe to them, especially Damien. The cinematography in my opinion was very strong with some really great and unique shots of the scenery and characters. From close-ups to long shots the film had lots of various and different types of shots. One shot in particular which I found to be very unique and done incredibly well was a shot involving Damien on his tricycle going around in a circle. The film also had some very creepy and kind of cliched settings, from graveyards to churches. I also personally liked how it was set in England, which in my opinion made the film just that little bit more creepy. the film also had some very good and well done sets; one set which I personally found to be better then the rest was Father Brennan's bedroom set, from the bible scripture on the walls to the forty seven crosses on the door. the lighting I found to be very strong and interesting; Mostly because I found it to be a lot brighter toward the beginning of the film, but then to become continuously darker the further the film went on. The film was also really violent with some extremely well done horror sequences. The music in my opinion is some of the best music from not just horror films but films in general, from the creepy vibes it gives off to the way it can make you feel tense even in a none tense scene. the film at points also had some extremely strong atmosphere, especially around the character Damien in the first act. I did also have a couple nit picks with the film, from the shot of Lee Remick's character Katherine falling off the banister, to the film at times felling a little bit silly. the film I did also very much enjoy, and I hope to watch again in the near future. over all I give it a 8/10 87% 4.35/5

• Mar 09, 2019

A very well-shot classic horror movie with memorable and creative death scenes.

A very well-shot classic horror movie with memorable and creative death scenes.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best thrilling movie ever made! With the best movie score ever composed!

The best thrilling movie ever made! With the best movie score ever composed!

• Jan 27, 2019

The Omen is one of the most greatest horror classic movies

The Omen is one of the most greatest horror classic movies

• Jan 17, 2019

Cool idea but it does near on the ridiculous. However, it nips along so quickly and is shot so well it doesn't really disappoint.

• Jan 16, 2019

A creepy classic with simple but effective horror.

A creepy classic with simple but effective horror.

• Jan 02, 2019

It falters towards the end, but has some legit creepy moments.

It falters towards the end, but has some legit creepy moments.

• Jan 01, 2019

Legendary when I was kid due to its dark thematic and german censorship. In retroperspective there is not much left of this magic. Poor acting (has to be Pecks worst movie), cheap effects and not frightening at all anymore.

• Nov 19, 2018

One of the original movies which set the standard for horror. The movie has an atmosphere which is menacing throughout and keeps the audience on edge. Brilliant!