The Parent Trap Reviews

• Apr 23, 2019

Funny, charming and ... GREAT!

Funny, charming and ... GREAT!

• Apr 01, 2019

One of my favorite Disney movies - and one of my favorite over all! Nearly as good as the original from 1950.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Jan 11, 2019

I HATE MY FATHER. I HATE MY MOTHER. I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS MOVIE BUT I HATE THEM. THEY WRITE OVER MY LIFE WORK CONTINUOUSLY. I WANT THEM PERMANENTLY PARENT TRAPPED HERE.

• Jun 08, 2018

The biggest hurdle with this story is buying the conceit that these two adults would've made the decision to separate these twins in the first place. Otherwise, it's just delightful. Almost beat-for-beat identical to the likable 90s remake, only better because the humor doesn't project as much; it lets the audience work a bit more. Effectively funny and fairly moving, it's classic family entertainment with a great anchoring performance by Mills at the center.

• Apr 20, 2018

No thanks not at all hear is why I must say it is too old-fashioned and it’s in black-and-white and not color so I’m never a fan of those

• Oct 27, 2017

Not bad. A lot like the new one or vice-versa.

Not bad. A lot like the new one or vice-versa.

• Oct 12, 2017

The Parent Trap is a decent film. It is about teenage twin sisters who swap places and scheme to reunite their divorced parents. Hayley Mills and Maureen O'Hara give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places.David Swift did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and romance.

• Sep 23, 2017

That was overall quite cute, except for Hailey Mills's hair. And she wasn't really a good enough singer to need to build the soundtrack around her. Loses a star just on the basic premise that every kid with divorced parents watches these movies and dreams of their parents getting remarried and we grow up crushed that it doesn't work for our family's. And the whole fact that Maggie punched Mitch in the eye hard enough to black it, indicates this has happened before, and is given permission to do it again. Men being victims of domestic violence isn't better than them being the perpetrators. I'm guessing if the roles were reversed this movie would've gone the way of Song of the South never to be seen again.

• Aug 22, 2017

Haley Mills, Brian Keith, and Maureen O'hara are simply brilliant in this pulling off comedy, drama, and pure Disney magic. Skip the Lohan version and watch this instead. Also don't be scared off by the weird opening song and puppets...everything that follows is pure class and fun.