Partners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Partners Reviews

February 25, 2016
Not as bad or offensive as advertised. Tries to have a heart and be lighthearted and yet convey some painful truth in the midst of the usual clichés.
Beware of the penultimate scene between O'Neal and Hurt that somehow is not properly staged, directed and acted. Something did go wrong there but the rest of the film in unpretentious and entertaining thanks to both Ryan O'Neal and John Hurt.
November 22, 2014
One of the worst pieces of tripe to ever involve the gay community. You'll hate yourself afterwards.
September 28, 2014
If you love a movie going around in circles and getting nowhere well this is your movie.
November 10, 2012
Before Brokeback Mountain (2005) there was this (1982)
½ October 27, 2012
Ok film about a macho straight cop who gets partnered with a gay cop and poses as a gay model in order to solve a murder case. Has lots of outdated stereotypes but has some funny situations.
May 8, 2012
Straight cop O'Neal, paired with gay partner John Hurt, must infiltrate the gay community in order to solve a murder case. This one goes CRUISING for laughs and does well but is filled with dated (and sometimes degrading) stereotypes.
July 5, 2011
I remember seeing this at the cinema circa 1983. Breakthrough at the time. A little cringeworthy now. Oh I miss the 80's HA!
May 5, 2011
1982.
Ryan O'Neal in daisy dukes.
camp in it's finest.
February 1, 2011
Light fluff film. Has over the top gay humor. Had me laughing out loud.
January 18, 2009
I never watched it as a child. I knew it had something to do with homosexuality. and my mom said that it was too old for me to get. So perhaps I should get around to watching it lol
½ December 25, 2008
½ October 12, 2008
this was a funny movie It mighy not be the best but it was cute to me.
September 19, 2008
Entertaining. very 70's and very "gay" lol but it's ok. :)
½ August 21, 2008
Mostly good-natured, and that's about all. The motel owner is good for a few smirks and Hurt does what he can.
½ May 12, 2008
laughed so hard, i thought i was going to pass out!
August 4, 2007
an off-beat film which works.
½ June 21, 2007
Funny, stupied in a bizarre kinda way & I like it, hehehehe.
June 11, 2007
This is a terrible byddy cop comedy about two mismatched cops (one straight, one gay) who go undercover as a gay couple to track down a murderer of male models. This is an unfunny, stereotypical, stupid film that is flatly directed, babdly written and has awful performances (John Hurt gives the only decent one). Also the motivation for the murders was terrilbly confusing. You can definitly skip this one.
February 20, 2007
Total hilarious movie with Ryan O'Neal and John Hurt! One of my favorite movies to laugh at from the 80's!