Peter Pan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Peter Pan Reviews

½ January 15, 2018
The animation is wonderful and hasn't aged a day. The same cannot be said for the characters, tonal shifts and the movie's overall (in)sensibility.
½ November 3, 2017
WARNING: This review is going to very biased due to one aspect of the film. If you do not wish to read an opinionated review that is not meant to portray an accurate description of the film. Then I suggest that you don't read and move on to a normal review.

Let me just ask you one question Disney. What were you thinking during the making of this film!? Seriously! Peter Pan & Tinker Bell may be one of the most iconic characters in the cannon. But they are not likable whatsoever! First of all, not only are they arrogant jerks, but they're also bullies! Peter teases Captain Hook in a very sinister and mean-spirited way that you actually start to root for Hook to take out Peter. He even laughs at Wendy when she's getting splashed by the mermaids! Now I know what a lot of you are thinking. "But he's supposed to be like that because J.M Barrie portrayed him as a sociopath in the original play!" Yes. I understand that. But this is Disney that were talking about. So I think that it's exceptional to expect them to put more heart and warmth into him. But now let's go to Tinker Bell. Holy Cow! She is worse! Peter may only be a border-line sociopath. But Tinker Bell IS a sociopath. She literally get's ticked off and jealous because of Wendy's affection for Peter! Which okay. Is understandable to an extent. But then she actually starts to kill her off! If that isn't psychotic, then I don't know what is.

On the bright side of the film. The rest of the characters are awesome! Captain Hook is incredibly amusing and lifelike. Especially given the fact that he is voiced by Hans Conried. His crew is also lifelike and great. The Indians (While stereotyped and offensive to some) are a good edition to the film. I especially like the song "What makes the red man red". Speaking of the songs. They are no doubt the best part of the film! They all are catchy and beautiful in their own right. My personal favorite being "The Second Star to the Right". The animation is also (Of course) some of the best that Disney has offered.

I would give this film a higher rating if it hadn't been for those mean-spirited "hero's". However. Do those characters outweigh the rest of the film? Absolutely not! I still think that this film is brilliant. And I still think that anyone should watch it if they haven't.
October 26, 2017
classic Disney animated movie with our favorite boy who never grow-up, I really love this movie so much :D
½ September 30, 2017
A good classic movie that I remember watching this so all right here is a good fairytale movie to enjoy I like how Peter pan has them fly in London and they land on the clock of Big Ben and when they where flying that was a sweet. Peter Pan is a good classic movie that you will enjoy!!
September 7, 2017
One of the most magical Disney films!
August 3, 2017
A magical and entertaining tale, with beautiful animation, catching songs, and fantastic and memeroble characters such as Peter, Wendy, Tinker Bell and of course Capitain Hook, one of the funniest villians in Disney History!

|It's an 7,9 out of 10|
July 18, 2017
I found staring at a wall to be more exciting
½ June 26, 2017
Peter Pan while not fully faithful of the source material J. M. Barie brought to the stage, stands on it's own as a classic with good animation and characters, and enjoyable songs.
June 10, 2017
I will have to take points off since I find the titular character to be unlikable and annoying, but apart from that, I really enjoyed Peter Pan for its memorable cast of characters (especially with the main villains Captain Hook and Smee), well-drawn animation, and some good songs.
May 8, 2017
i didnt care for this disney movie
May 4, 2017
You know what would've been interesting is that what if Wendy already had a boyfriend before she met Peter, named Edward. That way, Tink never realised that Wendy is already a girlfriend before and Edward had traveled to Neverland to retrieve Wendy and her brothers as Edward and Wendy share a most beautiful love scene.
May 4, 2017
Disney has made so many magical movies and Peter Pan is simply one of the very best. Whenever it seems like the world is too much to bear you can always take joy in knowing that there's a Neverland waiting for you where all your happy dreams come true. So bid your cares goodbye, grab some pixie dust and take off. (First viewing - Childhood)
May 2, 2017
This was a old classic movie to enjoy for kids and family you know it had funny moments
½ March 23, 2017
I liked this film as a child but seeing it again now I find that I can't hold the same opinion. I find the characters from Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Wendy, Hook and Smee all to be irritating to one level or another. Be it voice acting or personality, something grates on my nerves. The music was subpar as well, "What Makes the Red Men Red"? Really? I also noticed that the pirate song is very similar to a song from Pinocchio as if Disney was too lazy to write anything new.

Don't get me wrong, Peter Pan wasn't terrible or anything but it was awfully forgettable, must be why I never revisited this before unlike other Disney films.
January 9, 2017
Another Disney masterpiece. Excellent storyline, thrilling action, absolutely delightful, and the tune you can fly will bring a tear to your eye, but maybe the last part's just me. The only problem is, this is a Disney movie where some real sexist comments and stereotypes come out. However, it's an old movie, and people had a different way of thinking in 1953 than they do today. Overall, an absolute delight to watch, and a must see Disney classic!
December 27, 2016
The most timeless and recognizable film portrayal of the classic storybook character, with Disney's name written all over it.
December 13, 2016
One of the defining features of my childhood, this still holds up after the past decades! That scene where Tinkerbell sacrifices herself for Peter is still frightening to watch, but the most powerful part of the movie!
November 24, 2016
Colorful Disney adaptation of the children's classic with memorable characters (Tinkerbell) and songs ("You Can Fly").
August 20, 2016
Absolutely loved this movie as a kid. It has amazing music and animation and I will always enjoy it. However, it is quite racist, and I won't show it to my kids.