Pirates - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates Reviews

August 6, 2010
wow umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch..............its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie........i think that walter matthau, damien thomas, richard pearson, olu jackson, charlotte lewis, cris campion, david kelly, roy kinnear, bill fraser play good roles/parts thorughout this movie................i think that walter matthau, david kelly, charlotte lewis, roy kinnear were great throughout this movie.......................i think that the director of this comedy/adventure/classics movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect thorughout this movie...................i think that this is an enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie n its a really enjoyable movie 2 watch
June 25, 2010
Film indombtable ou Polanski aurait vu trop grand!!?
½ May 6, 2010
Polanski's operation is simple: take Long John Silver (Red) and make his point of view the only valuable one, while Jim Hawkins (Frog) follows him blindly instead of antagonizing him. The voyage starts in medias res and continues toward unknown infinite, immoraly subverting adventure's principles. Failed to revive the genre, but inspired Jack Sparrow.
February 2, 2010
Geeoing to rent it today :)
jimbotender
November 26, 2009
Chaotic.Polanski is struggling to control a big extravaganza of immoral surrealism,but my objection stands as to the absence of any point at all.I must give credit to the baffling satire e.g. pirates less smart than a molecule,our hero as a sinister bargainer and the obvious irony of them all.Mixed feelings but overall a sassy "adventure" film.
Hey,we all have our guilty pleasures,don't we?
October 1, 2009
Judgeing this one on pure nostalgia as I rarely rewatch movies. It's a huge nostalgic favourit and I found it incredibly entertaining when I grew up as a kid so I'll just try to hold on to them memories. I remember it being a charmy, quirky and funny movie about some gritty and quite unfriendly heros, in a great swashbuckling adventure on the high seas. Yar!
thefog1331
½ September 13, 2009
Quirky, uneven comedy that coming from Polanski I expected a little bit more out of. Now I understand why it doesn't have a legitimite release on DVD.
August 24, 2009
I started to watch this and I was not in the mood for this type of movie so ditched it
½ April 25, 2009
Very amusing and Mister Matthau is great as Capt. Red.
½ April 4, 2009
Je pensais pas que le film avait autant vieilli. Bon il reste quand meme assez sympa.
½ January 30, 2009
One of the low-points in director Roman Polanski's career. It may have couple of Polanski's trademark camera shots here and there, but otherwise you could not tell that this piece of trash is from the hands of master class director. sure it is not supposed to be taken seriously, but it does not work even then. It is not funny, it is not entertaining, it is not suspenseful. It is just really bad film.
January 23, 2009
looks interesting...
January 18, 2009
Impressive Matthau! This is the paradigm of the pirate movie: it has it all.
December 10, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
November 23, 2008
Even though it was a commercial failure this movie is so great and so hilarious. I was laughing to death more than a few times. Walter Matthau is simply great. Is his captain Red any worse than Depp's captain Sparrow? Not at all. Moreover, Depp cannot hold whole movie by himself. Therefore this movie is far superior to both "Pirates of Carribean" (especially the sequels) and "Cutthroat Island". Well, Polanski's movie is a piece of cinema, not another plastic production, you can feel it in each shot.
½ November 22, 2008
Most people have never seen or heard of this movie...but fun and colorful...
October 20, 2008
MMmm who ever knew that rat tastes better with just a lil salt.
½ October 7, 2008
C'est un film que j'avais été voir avec mon père quand j'étais petit, c'est affectif, mais j'ai bien aimé ce film... Grenouille est vraiment con en tous cas!
½ August 27, 2008
Awful. I'll never understand how could Polanski do this.
½ August 23, 2008