Poor Little Rich Girl Reviews

• May 06, 2020

It's a joy for anyone who enjoys pre golden age Hollywood movies, old fashion family stories, and Shirley temples mesmerizingly adorable presence.

• Aug 05, 2019

The Fabulous "Poor Little Rich Girl"This Shirley Temple movie is absolutely one of her best pure musical films, and one of the best musicals of the 1930s. Shirley's singing, dancing, and acting talents shine throughout this film. She sings "Oh My Goodness" in various dialects is remarkably done for a child her age and bound to get a laugh. Shirley's finale tap dance with lovely Alice Faye and wonderful Jack Haley, Sr. is simply great. The songs are memorable and fun. Shirley's fashions are adorable. Grand entertainment 1930's style.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best musical movie ever made!

The best musical movie ever made!

• Apr 26, 2017

Poor Little Rich Girl is a cute movie. It is about the daughter of a wealthy businessman who becomes lost in the city while traveling to a new school. Shirley Temple and Alice Faye give terrific performances. The screenplay is well written. Irving Cummings did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the adventure and music. Poor Little Rich Girl is a must see.

• Dec 14, 2014

Temple's first full-fledged musical is a joy from start to finish: Jack Haley & Alice Faye lend great support, and the score is charming (including the #1 hit "When I'm With You").

• Jun 04, 2013

remake of 1917 mary picford silent pic

remake of 1917 mary picford silent pic

• Jan 14, 2011

I always thought this version of "The Poor Little Rich Girl" was good but nothing special. It's still one of Shirley Temple's gem years, but this version didn't really interest me as well because I'm old and boyish, but this version is nice to watch. Very good music and a great screenplay to appeal younger viewers who prefer to watch movies with musicals other than the crappy ones they make today besides Disney's Tangled.

• Jan 27, 2010

Shirley Temple is at her best, some good musical numbers and the wonderful Alice Faye. Very cute and heartwarming. Grand entertainment 1930?s style.

• Jan 27, 2010

Shirley Temple is at her best, some good musical numbers and the wonderful Alice Faye. Very cute and heartwarming. Grand entertainment 1930’s style.

• Sep 29, 2008

THIS I like. Faye and Haley aren't a bad couple, and Shirley is more like a little kid here. Causing trouble instead of just being perky and saving the world.