The Quick and the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Quick and the Dead Reviews

February 25, 2015
Damn this is a good movie.
½ April 9, 2014
I enjoyed the movie. Although, I'm a big Sam Elliot fan. I like just about all his movies. Lol
September 7, 2012
I don't like a whole lot of older westerns, but this is definitely a must-see for anyone with a passing interest in the genre. Grade: B-
February 17, 2012
2 Stars, 1 for Sam Elliot, 1 for his 'stache. I bought this thinking it was the original version of the one with Hackman/Crowe/Stone/Leo.
½ January 29, 2012
Interesting Western about a good gunslinger loner helping a family threw dangerous territory and the no goods out to get them.
½ August 21, 2011
what a pleasant suprise this fliccc was nice...S.E. is good in every fliccc but this 1 was a lil bit better than his norm the female lead was georgous. ...that helps
December 30, 2010
A nice western film with the great Sam Elliot and nice scenery
½ September 10, 2010
½ January 25, 2010
Not amazing, but an entertaining enough western. Sam Elliott is pretty good, but the rest of the cast is awful.
July 9, 2009
Recommend...not one of the best westerns on film, but good enough to sit through and enjoy. Don't expect to see gun fights in the middle of the streets (like another movie of the same title). This is based upon a Louis L'Amour novel. It's a tale about a stranger, Con Vallian (Sam Elliott) who befriends homesteaders, Duncan McKaskel (Sam Conti), Susanna McKaskel (Kate Capshaw) and Tom McKaskel (Kenny Morrison). Con is enamored with Susanna, and has no qualms at letting Duncan know how pretty she is. Susanna finds Con more exciting and mysterious, which she does not see in her husband. Duncan has a past that he doesn't want to share with his family, which he must overcome to keep them all alive. Sam Elliott's performance is excellent and quite believable. Tom Conti may have portrayed Duncan as to naive. Overall Kate?s performance was believable (with the exception of a couple of scenes alone with Sam). This movie is more about the characters and the issues they have to overcome to get to their new home.
June 15, 2009
Movies not fab but Sam is, wheww
½ May 20, 2009
Not too bad. nothing spectacular about this movie except for Sam Elliott... It is a made for TV movie which always has it's drawbacks, budget being one. What holds this one up is a decent script brought from a book by Louis L'Amour... Now one should not be expecting too much action, though there is some this seems to be more focused on Sam trying to offend the guy he is protecting, and catch looks at his wife in moments he shouldn't. Overall I liked watching it, it didn't feel like I wasted my time or wanted to turn it off, but I won't likely watch it again. Decent, but more or less a pass.
September 18, 2008
Throwback to the classic westerns with naive newcomers, rugged but benevolient plainsman and a posse of low lifes with nothing good on their mind. Great for western fans. Sam Elliot was born to play cowboys and he stands shoulder to shoulder with John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.
½ March 29, 2008
Sam Elliot pulls off being a no-funny-business cowboy. This movie was exciting.