Return to Oz Reviews

• May 19, 2019

Underrated and ahead of its time! The natural progression of the story in my eyes.

• Feb 20, 2019

It's a true humiliation that people would constantly compare the film to the Wizard of Oz. This is not supposed to have the same feel as that film, it's supposed to be its own thing...which it is. Its originality, creativity, and confidence to go dark really make it an underrated masterpiece of its own. The main characters are such a likeable group of various creatures, and it does have some strong emotional quality of its own. I feel people are very bias towards this film because of the comparisons they make to the Wizard of Oz, and boy does that make my stomach turn.

• Feb 19, 2019

Return to Oz is unfairly compared to the musical classic, and as such has become overlooked. Return to Oz is an adaptation closer to the original books, as a dark, disturbing, and visually stunning fantasy film with likable characters to pull us through. I recommend it strongly.

• Jan 31, 2019

Better than the original. Has a darker theme to it but tells an awesome story bringing in new characters and more elements from the series of books.

• Jan 16, 2019

it was really good it shouldn't be hated because of the darker things in it like the heads it was really good and it looked really like the book not looking at you wizard of oz 1939 it also had some great affects for that time and introduced more things from the oz novels to the screen like the nome king not gnome king what some people think who was beautifully made and jack pumpkin head

• Oct 27, 2018

Firstly, I can already say that the movie "The Wizard of Oz" did not need a continuation (mainly 40 years later), the film was full of continuity errors, the special effects were horrible, the characters were super sinister, the movie it was scary for the young audience, the film does not have a conclusion, and it touches on lots of very adult subjects for a young audience. But the story itself is good, I recommend that you watch, but not with the family, let alone with children.

• Sep 17, 2018

This movie was really bad. It has none of the things that made the original Wizard of OZ so good.

• Aug 24, 2018

perhaps, fairuza's comeliness was somehow traumatizing...

perhaps, fairuza's comeliness was somehow traumatizing...

• Jul 22, 2018

This was one of the worst movies of all time.

This was one of the worst movies of all time.

• May 11, 2018

cLASSIC FROM MY CHILDHOOD!

cLASSIC FROM MY CHILDHOOD!