Rollercoaster Reviews

• Dec 19, 2019

An underrated thriller

An underrated thriller

• Apr 02, 2019

Watched many decades ago. Story is OK. It's Sensurround that's attractive to the movie at that time.

• May 16, 2018

It has some cheesy moments. But overall, it's a great thriller of the 70's.

It has some cheesy moments. But overall, it's a great thriller of the 70's.

• Mar 12, 2018

Classic 70's Disaster FLIck. Love it!

Classic 70's Disaster FLIck. Love it!

• Jan 11, 2017

Perfectly cast. Ultimate thriller with finest acting around for this era. Segal, Widmark, Bottoms cannot be beat in his film. Highly recommended.

• Jul 24, 2016

This is a great old movie, I'm not sure, I would have to check but I think this was the only time in movie history that this concept was done. A guy who kills via rollercoasters. I think a remake would be very cool

• Nov 09, 2014

***Due to the recent RT changes that have basically ruined my past reviews, I mostly only giving a rating rather than a full review.***

• May 06, 2014

The concept itself isn't much of anything new, but the amusement park setting is something I haven't seen done with the film. It sounds silly at first about having a thriller take place in such a setting, but the film truly has some great shock moments and it works quite effectively. You always know that the perpetrator's gonna go down, but its all about seeing how they end up doing this. If it weren't for its unique setting, however, it probably wouldn't have stood out as much. Still, it hits its mark and sets out what it tries to do: make a family friendly attraction seem frighteningly dangerous.

• Feb 21, 2014

Rollercoaster is both an entertaining and disappointing film to me. It's entertaining in the fact that it's a very fine thriller, but also disappointing because its story and a lot of its story elements were an idea that I had many years ago before I had decided that I wanted to be a filmmaker. I never managed to put it on paper because I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to pull it off, but now that it's already been done, I disappointingly have to put to bed. The movie itself is a B movie by nature, but it has a terrific little cast and is wound very taut in its tension. It's not perfect, but it's much better than it has any right to be. It was made at a time when disaster movies were all the rage in Hollywood, and while it technically isn't a disaster movie, per se, it's usually included in the line up of those types of films. It's an enjoyable movie, and one that I wish I had made.

• Jan 26, 2014

wrongly written off as another in the disaster genre that we loved so much in the '70's this is much more an outstanding cat and mouse thriller laced with knowing cynicism i remember seeing this in "sensurround" with things shaking n rumbling.