Romeo and Juliet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Romeo and Juliet Reviews

½ January 3, 2015
Romeo and Juliet is just the Same over and over and over again. William Shakespeare is known for making this stupid story. How did this even get a percentage of 97%?

It's just about a boy named Romeo and a girl named Juliet, whose families have been mortal enemies for a long time, we don't know why they were enemies. This leads them in the worst love story ever told.

Everyone knows the whole story, and it will make you feel disappointed at the end. They even left out some major parts in the movie, and they still nominated this for best picture even though some parts from the play we're missing. Never watch this! I wanna watch the 1996 version.
December 12, 2014
Watched in my high school English 9 class.
½ December 11, 2014
Add a Review (Optional)
November 23, 2014
Mostly stunted but watchable and enjoyable.
November 20, 2014
like the classic romeo and juliet...a little dry tho if you ask me
November 15, 2014
Ever so faithful to the original style of 17th century literature, Franco Zeffirelli's production of "Romeo and Juliet" is a devastating period piece packed with eroticism, drama, bloodlust, and yearning. The cinematography is lush and vibrant, and the costume design is accurate to the time period in which this story is set.
October 12, 2014
Fave movie of all time!
½ October 1, 2014
lovely!
amazing! :D
...and i am talking about the guys in this film (;
½ July 8, 2014
This is by far the best cinematic adaptation of the play. Marvelous costumes and design, astonishing cinematography, solid performances thanks to Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting; their portrayal for the characters remains memorable, and not to forget Nino Rota's film score that adds a magical touch to the film.
July 5, 2014
The definitive adaptation of the classic Shakespeare tragedy.
July 4, 2014
It's ok , and It should not be Pg , it's supposed to be PG-13 or R
½ June 27, 2014
still one of the best versions of this
½ June 22, 2014
This one was really cheesy! If you are a fan of Shakespeare and love the story of Romeo and Juliet this is not the right one to pick. That is just my opinion
June 15, 2014
Zeffirelli's adaptation transcends the play completely, taking Shakespeare to a whole new level of depth and power.
June 9, 2014
The best version in my opinion.
May 25, 2014
an absolute classic it is amazing and sticks to the story of Romeo and Juliet very well
May 19, 2014
Poorly acted, messily shot and boring, (it's Shakespeare, which is pretty damn hard to make boring, watch Titus and you'll see what I mean), this is an insult to viewers and Shakespeare fans alike. Godawful cinema.
May 8, 2014
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.