Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Reviews

March 20, 2017
Not huge on this one
½ January 1, 2017
From Rankin & Bass comes the animated Christmas classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Told in flashback, Sam the Snowman (voiced by Burl Ives) recounts the story of the "most famous reindeer of all," Rudolph, who grew up as a misfit but ended up saving Christmas just as all hope seemed lost. Ives does a brilliant job as narrator and provides a number of delightful songs (including "A Holly Jolly Christmas" and "Silver and Gold"). In fact, all of the songs are rather fun and catchy. And the stop-motion animation is really quite good; with some wonderful character designs. However, the storytelling is a little weak and everything seems to resolve itself without much effort. While it's not perfect, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is a magical film that speaks to the child in all of us.
December 24, 2016
It is hard not to like this since it was such a traditional part of my childhood during Christmas. As an adult, it loses some appeal, but certainly not all of it. It is still a tried and true classic, even though most of the characters are jerks.
December 14, 2016
Brian help! It's not me! It's not meeeeee!
December 3, 2016
Even though it may be cheesy, you can't deny that this is still a DAMN GOOD Christmas film!
½ November 30, 2016
Classic, timeless, and loveable.
November 29, 2016
A wonderful, classic Christmas movie!
July 9, 2016
Please add this to purchase!!!
June 24, 2016
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is enjoyable holiday cheese, but I'm not sure I'd accuse it of being the most politically correct special around.
February 26, 2016
This is proof a movie can loose its great.
½ December 23, 2015
-IGNORE THIS "OUT OF FIVE" RATING
2.5/4
Fluid but dated animated tale detailing story of a very special reindeer who finds himself different and only accepted by an elf. They venture off to the unknown and meet with an abdominal snowman in this movie's highlight. Occasionally mean-spirited, but still enjoyable. This had an unofficial sequel, RUDOLPH'S SHINY NEW YEAR.
December 17, 2015
A Christmas classic!
½ December 12, 2015
This movie is a "mischief".
½ November 28, 2015
Class Christmas movie! I watch it every year.
October 19, 2015
Classic Christmas film
July 20, 2015
Two words: a classic.
December 31, 2014
The perfect Christmas movie for the holiday season!
December 31, 2014
The perfect Christmas movie for the holiday season!
December 31, 2014
It's absolutely wonderful every year during the holiday season. I can't count how many times I have seen it. (First viewing - Childhood)