The Shaggy Dog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Shaggy Dog Reviews

½ January 29, 2016
Great childhood memories researching this Disney classic that propelled macmurray to new fame.
January 24, 2016
good Disney family fare
½ January 23, 2016
A hysterically funny live-action Disney movie with an all-star cast. It's one of the best classic comedies you will ever see! (First viewing - Childhood)
January 23, 2016
Great fun - as live action children's stories go.
January 11, 2014
Very interesting, but felt somewhat incoherent and boring at certain parts.
½ November 2, 2013
It was a very funny and enjoyable Disney live-action family comedy. It had really great cinematography, great cast, great comedy, adventure, costumes, great music, characters and a very fun plot. It's one of the funniest Disney live-action movies that I've ever watched. I would recommend this movie to both kids and adults.
½ September 17, 2013
The original Shaggy Dog which seems to have all the perennial Disney cast including Fred MacMurray, Tommy Kirk, and Kevin Corcoran. I would probably choose Old Yeller, The Absent-Minded Professor, or The Swiss Family Robinson over this but it is okay.
½ May 13, 2013
A classic Disney comedy with just the right amount of slapstick and drama. The transformation sequences evoked the mood of classic horror films (albeit with a little more cleanliness), which I found odd but enjoyable in a Disney film like this.
February 16, 2013
Don't really remember this.
½ January 23, 2013
This movie scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
November 9, 2012
i got shaggy da but i didnt know it was part 2
October 3, 2012
still has some of that corny magic,
½ August 26, 2012
Classic Disney family movie
April 10, 2012
saw some of it when i was younger
January 16, 2012
It's a minor Disney film, but one that's a lot of fun, and filled with some great performances. It's the quintessential live-action Disney cast. You've got Tommy Kirk at his gosh-darndest best, Moochie, Annette, Spin, and Fred MacMurray.

The script is funny enough, if a little bland, but the energy from the cast makes up for it. It's a pure comfort film with setups and payoffs that are a tad smarter than other kids' films of that era. In fact Buzz and Wilby's attempts to date both Roberta Shore and Annette are quite clever, with a great payoff.

And then there's MacMurray. His part isn't big, and I wish they found a way to include him more in the climax, but he's great in the scenes he's in.
½ December 22, 2011
seen it.. good movie
½ August 17, 2011
This one is a keeper.
½ July 29, 2011
Classic Disney family movie
July 3, 2011
It's so off the wall and hilarious.