Shock Waves - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shock Waves Reviews

½ October 16, 2012
The best part about "Shock Waves" is the opening narration. From there it's all downhill. If you're a fan of watching people wade through swamps and slog through mud, then this is the movie for you. I guess there is something creepy about the way that the swamp Nazis rise up out of the water together but after they do it the first 20 times, it loses its effectiveness. This thing is boring. It was all I could do to stay awake. Actually I'm pretty sure I passed out a couple of times, but I'm positive nothing happened while I was snoozing.
Peter Cushing is in this and it's sad because he must have needed the money badly. Brooke Adams is the eye-candy and she is about the only watchable thing in the entire flick. I read that she turned down a role as one of the original "Charlie's Angels". I hope it wasn't because she was filming this at the time.
A more frightless, bloodless, Horror movie will be difficult to find.
½ October 13, 2012
Underwater Nazi zombies! A creepy low budget gem that horror buffs should try and see--Spooky!!
September 23, 2012
What a waste of Peter Cushing.
July 19, 2012
Not too bad if you're into Zombie 70's horror.But freaky in its own way.
½ May 28, 2012
Wow. Nazis who wait under water to drown people, who can't see without their goggles and look very stupid with them. Quick question...why would there be a mansion like hotel on some island out in the middle of the ocean anyway? Don't watch this. There are no zombies in the Romero sense.
May 14, 2012
Nazi Zombies what more can I say!
May 9, 2012
Nazi zombies in a tropical setting.
½ April 26, 2012
pretty cool ..as 70s nazi zombie movies go..
oh, Brooke Adams..
½ February 27, 2012
I wanted to watch something cheesy this Saturday morning, and I got it. This movie was strange. Not really worth watching.
February 17, 2012
What's not to like about a Nazi zombie movie? This isn't the greatest piece of horror cinema, but it's campy and entertaining, and it features Peter Cushing in one of his final roles.
November 23, 2011
Aquatic nazi zombies!!!!
½ September 25, 2011
Slow boring Nazi zombies who live under water but who only strangle people? Yeah thanks but no thanks....I know a zombie movie sucks asshole when Peter cushing is the main star. This plays like a hammer made for tv 70s zombie movie.....if anyone's into that then this would be your idea of awesome then. I'm not a huge fan of goreless,boring,clean made for tv zombie films. Pretty much this movie is just a bag of smelly assholes.
½ August 23, 2011
It's a cult classic, and I am still not sure why zombie movies that aren't about voodoo take place in the "caribbean", because it really seems like this wouldn't add to the atmosphere. However, this one does an ok job at that. The idea of the zombies just walking into and disappearing into the water works well. There is an odd idea for their weak point, which eliminates the shoot them in the head idea but probably helped balance the budget, but this movie is passable, but not great.

I am not sure why it has its cult status. Maybe the stars, or just that it was an interesting concept, but it's not really scary at all. Nor very thrilling. But it has other redeeming qualities in trying to string out its mood. But not good enough, because you really want to be scared or creeped out or taken on a ride by movies like this. And this one doesn't do it.

Also, I had to replay and look it, because when I saw the dead person on the lake side pick his head up before the cut, it just seemed like lazy editing for such a goof. Watch for it, if you even decide to watch the movie.
½ August 12, 2011
What could be worse than zombies? MURDEROUS NAZI ZOMBIES! A little more nimble than the Romero slow pokes, but rip off their funky goggles and they're going down! They all look like the short haired brothers of Lucius Malfoy. Note to costume department, after 30 years underwater the uniforms should show a little wear and tear, but they still look brand new here. Nice to see veteran actors Peter Cushing and John Carradine in the same movie, and the pace keeps up with few slow downs.
½ August 11, 2011
Terribly low budget, this film has a touch of mood but mostly comes off like a TV movie of the week. Starts with a great premise (nazi zombies on a deserted island off the Florida coast) and never follows through. Peter Cushing adds a touch of class (the same year her starred in Star Wars) but that is about it.
½ July 3, 2011
Amusing '70s B-movie about a group of tourists who seek refuge on an island only to find themselves being hunted by Nazi zombies.
TheDudeLebowski65
June 18, 2011
Shock Waves is one of the best Nazis zombie films ever made. Although the recent Dead Snow is a great film, but Shock Waves remains THE Nazis zombie film to see. Starring Peter Cushing as an SS commander living on a secluded island, who was commander of a squad scientifically altered SS soldiers who are zombies. Director Ken Wederhorn crafts a solid horror film that is an overlooked classic. The film relies on atmosphere and it works very well to build up tension and horror. The negative of this film is grainy, even if it's restored, but I felt it added a touch of old school horror, something that we haven't seen in a while. The film is a lot of fun and is a necessity to watch if you're a fan of zombie films. The plot is very interesting and I thought it was original. Shock Waves is a creepy zombie film that doesn't rely on cheap trick to create tension or horror. Peter Cushing is excellent in his role, and it's hard to picture anyone else in the role. Shock Waves is an accomplished horror film that delivers good chills and delivers a good, entertaining hour and a half. This is is director Ken Wederhorn's best zombie film. Shock Waves remains one of the best films in the Nazis zombie genre. An overlooked gem of the genre, Shock Waves is a classic film that still needs to be seen by many fans of horror films everywhere. Truly an awesome film to watch.
May 26, 2011
Personally when it comes to Nazi zombie films, "Shock Waves" is probably the best. The zombies are pretty damn cool and at times really scary.
½ April 16, 2011
½ April 4, 2011
This was actually pretty fuckin cool. Not your A-typical zombie flick with all the gts and gore, instead concentrates more on mood and some impressive and eerie shots of the Nazi zombies arising from the seas and lakes. Definatly recommend if youre a zombie fan.