Sparkle Reviews

• Jan 24, 2018

Now who the hell gave sparkle one damn star!? Also, someone said something about "Effie", talking about this is based off the Supremes..Fool this isn't Dreamgirls... LMAO I guess we really do all look a like to you morons. Back to the movie, and enough about dummies, this movie is a more of a coming of age story. The girls have a strict hard working mother, all can sing and are beautiful. In the 1950's everyone wanted to be a star. Not everyone made it. I love this movie. Drugs, music, heartache, hard work, thieves, liars, and love. Sounds like a the makings of all great musical movies to me! <3 Of most rags to riches stories, this one is one of my favorites. The music, the singing... and the story are great.

• Aug 17, 2017

Music is incredible! The music in this film is by far the greatest part. Lonette McKee shines as, Sistah. The storyline isn't difficult to follow.The acting as a whole is good, not necessarily outstanding, but good.The lighting is poor and can take away from some of the scenes, All in all, I still think Sparkle is an easily lovable film and one worth seeing. It is definitely one worth hearing, and no you can't just get the soundtrack. The soundtrack is sung by Aretha franklin, and as much as I love Ms. franklin...these songs need to be heard by the cast.

• Jul 24, 2016

Something about this dragged - the story was the usual overnight success followed by disaster arising from crime and drugs - but mostly it needed better singers.

• Dec 25, 2015

Great movie, enjoyed the singing a lot.

Great movie, enjoyed the singing a lot.

• Mar 26, 2015

Great movie full of a lot of emotions

Great movie full of a lot of emotions

• Oct 24, 2014

Love it Great movie Wonderful movie

Love it Great movie Wonderful movie

• Jul 17, 2013

I guess I just love Classics and this is definately one of them.

I guess I just love Classics and this is definately one of them.

• Jul 01, 2013

Best movie...my favorite love so much named my 2nd daughter Sparkle!!

Best movie...my favorite love so much named my 2nd daughter Sparkle!!

• May 26, 2013

the original!!! i love whitney houston but they cudve left this one alone

the original!!! i love whitney houston but they cudve left this one alone

• May 03, 2013

one of the first movies I ever saw and I fell in love with it!

one of the first movies I ever saw and I fell in love with it!