A Star is Born - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Star is Born Reviews

½ February 11, 2011
didn't really care for k.k.'s character's hairy drunken self (which had a big sad consequence near the end), and the sentimental finale is a bit over the top of this remake, but streisand has an amazing voice!
January 29, 2011
One of my favorite movies ever!
½ November 7, 2010
the third (but not last) film on an unknown singer's rise to stardom.The film is solely a vehicle for Streisand's Ego and you can tell from start to the end.
October 27, 2010
I friggin love this movie! Breaks my heart by the end every time.
October 19, 2010
great movie have seen it over a hundred times
½ October 17, 2010
A good romance/tragedy. Barbra Streisands sings great in this.
½ October 1, 2010
This ruined one of the best Archetypal films ever. Good actors, but horrible executions!
August 19, 2010
One of my all time favorite movies! Cry every time I see it!
June 7, 2010
Shame that nowadays good voice doesn't matter anymore, only looks counts.
May 21, 2010
Favorite movie in the whole world.
May 9, 2010
This movie gets 1/2 star for Kris Kristofferson's hotness, and 1/2 star for 1970s Streisand in general.
March 21, 2010
I'd forgotten just how bad this was! Streisand bares her breasts, that's just scary! Kristofferson shaves his, why when he obviously doesn't work out? I somehow suspect that there may have been more cocaine involved than just that going up Kris's nose onscreen in this ego trip for both stars with dire unmemorable songs and worse acting and script.
March 11, 2010
i know, i know...but it was the one that started my love affair, so i'm partial! not to mention it contains THE most gorgeous song ever written!
November 29, 2009
Unnecessary remake, set in the world of music rather than film. Streisand tries, and she does do okay, but the movie has too many cliche's and lacks originality. Some great musci though, especially the Oscar winning song "Evergreen".
November 6, 2009
Still love it as much today as yesterday!
October 27, 2009
The original is mutch better
October 9, 2009
A very good story. Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson have wonderful together, and Krisofferson's performance as a self-destructive rock star feels completely authentic. Aside from the language, this re-make is definitely worth seeing.
September 23, 2009
kristopherson and streisand.. awesomeeeeeeeeee
September 22, 2009
great voice, drama, passion, music, music, music...