A Star is Born Reviews

• Aug 19, 2019

Not impressed ,chris and barbra do not conect,poor

Not impressed ,chris and barbra do not conect,poor

• Jun 19, 2019

Nothing about this works.

Nothing about this works.

• May 09, 2019

This is the third film titled A Star Is Born, and I would say it is probably the worst. It feels like very little in this movie worked, and without the history of watching 3 other versions of the story before this one, I’d probably be frustrated and confused about the story being told. Kristofferson and Streisand are not good in the film at all. Sometimes I’m annoyed by films where the leads have no chemistry, but these two were much worse than that. It was like trying to push two polarized magnets together: the closer they got, the more I was repelled by it. Also, Kristofferson cannot sing well at all, so putting him in the lead as a musician was painful. Then they try to integrate Streisand, but her style of music is so opposed to what he is doing I can’t figure out where the crossover fans would come from. The characters weren’t even likable, and the payoff at the end lacked any vibrancy. The final scene with Kristofferson’s character is particularly terrible when compared to any other version of this film, because it feels like an accident, so it sucks out all the emotional weight. There are a couple of good songs from Streisand that make the movie tolerable, including an Oscar Winning original that I quite like. Otherwise, this is a pretty bad movie, and I’m glad they’ve done it better before and since then.

• Apr 29, 2019

The best movie song ever sung: Evergreen!

The best movie song ever sung: Evergreen!

• Jan 24, 2019

Yuck, it reminds me why I hate the 70's.

Yuck, it reminds me why I hate the 70's.

• Jan 19, 2019

I watched this in Jan 2019, it was ok, the only person who could act was Barbra Streisand and she was superb, i liked the settings as being a child of the 70's it reminded me how simple things were. But the 160mph thing, how did they know that, nonsense.

• Jan 18, 2019

This movie was not that good. It depicted a co dependant relationship between the characters and it was too predictable as knowing what was going to happen next. It was good as long as both characters were singing but there were parts that were just too dramatic.

• Jan 12, 2019

This contemporary modernization of the story's third round in second retelling may be the least effective when bloated enough for fatigue occurrence, while it's still emotionally effective from the pair's performing chemistry, particularly Streisand's singing vocals albeit her part in the unbalanced kinetic pattern. (B) (Full review TBD)

• Jan 06, 2019

Overlong and parading a tad much as a Barbra Streisand star vehicle, this evergreen romance set in show business probably prompted Bradley Cooper to upgrade the story with lesser glitz and more intimacy.

• Nov 11, 2018

Good plot, good acting, great costumes and locations. The downside: Streisand’s singing style could put anyone to sleep...it was awful. (Great actress, just please don’t sing!)