101 Dalmatians - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

101 Dalmatians Reviews

November 3, 2017
One of the most realistic and overall adventurous film of the Disney Cannon! While it may not be very magical and fantasy compared to most Disney Films of the Golden Age, that doesn't change the fact that it is one of the best, if not the best, Disney Movie of all time! The story is very mysterious and somewhat sadistic, yet also heartwarming as well. The characters are all likable and well developed. And Cruella De Vil is easily one of the best villains that Disney has ever produced. I would definitely recommend it to the average Disney fan, and even to those who are not Disney fans.
October 1, 2017
One of the most stylish movies Disney has made with some fun moments and interesting characters and a memorable villain (Cruella DeVille).
August 9, 2017
Entertaining movie. A classic.
Rating: 7.9/10.
August 7, 2017
Catchy songs, beautiful animation, and a wonderful villain are a few of the things that make Disney's 101 Dalmatians a classic to last the ages!
August 3, 2017
With an amazing and evil Villain (Cruella de Vil) and a solid story with great moments, fluffy and inteligent characters, and a fantastic style of animation, made this one of Disney's most memeroble and enjoyble movies ever!

|It's an 8,4 out of 10|
July 13, 2017
This Movie is and will always be my childhood
July 13, 2017
I remember as a kid Cruella De Vil scared me more than any other Disney villain because I knew that a woman who would kill a bunch of puppies to make a coat is capable of just about anything.
½ July 3, 2017
101 Dalmations Is One Of The Best Disney Movies I Have Ever Seen In My Life, No Wonder They Made A Live-Action Version.
½ July 3, 2017
Watched this with my 4 year old and I probably haven't seen the film myself since I was the same age. This is one of the Disney classics that still really holds it place. It's punchy (perfect 80mins running time), funny (both of us laughed several times) and has some great characters. There's not many bad guy characters as long lasting as Cruella DeVille.
June 11, 2017
A Disney film that is simple, but fun and enjoyable to watch.
½ June 2, 2017
I love the Disney classic
May 30, 2017
A mad mistress gathers spotted puppies, including a freshly-stolen litter of fifteen from a small metropolitan family, to harvest their pelts and produce a line of fur coats. When the lost pups' parents send out a distress call, half the hounds of London take the case and the great chase begins. The theme and tone are fitting for a Disney picture, retaining some of the fantasy elements that first brought the studio to fame, while continuing the lean in a slightly darker direction that would continue throughout the next thirty years. Disney Animation had to cut some corners to make this one, after Sleeping Beauty underperformed at the box office, and many of those cost-saving measures show up in the finished product. Xeroxed and reused character animations are abundant, artwork often seems rushed and over-simplified, and the extensive use of rotoscoping is often distracting. It's also a very short film, running just an hour and nineteen minutes with credits, and the story suffers for that brevity: villainess Cruella De Vil's great comeuppance seems short-lived and inconsequential, while the focal family's happy reunion comes off as narrow and happenstance. There's also very little music in the picture, surprisingly so considering the human father's occupation as an always-working composer, which makes for a less jolly, wholesome vibe than one might expect. It isn't bad - the core characters are charming and they're aided by a full, well-rounded supporting cast - but it does seem terribly shallow and borderline incomplete. The beginning of a difficult transition away from the days when the studio was churning out classics every other year.
May 11, 2017
Probably my favorite Classic Disney Animation movie. Adorable and likable characters all year round. I love this movie!
May 11, 2017
What a Disney classic for all ages I now I used to watch this movie and I thought Carella Deville was funny and creepy she was not a good driver with her car see it with family!
May 1, 2017
Great Disney classic.
April 24, 2017
Probably my favorite Disney movie. Watched it when I was little and it still makes me smile today.
April 12, 2017
Even though Walt Disney himself claims that he didn't like the art style of this film, I kind of beg to differ. The quality of this art style is what makes it timeless, along with some great memorable characters! A wonderful tale about dogs finding their way back home!
March 20, 2017
Great Disney classic.
½ March 20, 2017
101 Dalmatians is Disney movie that I don't think is that great, but there are things I really like. The animation is pretty good and the characters are likeable. I loved that they really managed to animate all those spots. The story doesn't have as much charm as something like Lady and the Tramp, but it's fine. I absolutely love dogs. The puppies are soooo cute. I didn't want to see those precious little dears get hurt. I enjoy Pongo and Perdita's determination to get their puppies back, and I like Sergeant Tibs. Jasper and Horace are entertaining bubbling sidekicks. But we all know the redeeming factor of the film is Cruella DeVil. She is so dang entertaining. She's so crazy, funny and and so freaking determined to get those puppies. I love her design and the voice acting for her is spot on. The climax of the movie is really fun with this crazy car chase. I guess the major problems I have with the film are that while I do like Pongo and Perdita, I don't find them as engaging as Lady and Tramp, and as I've stated, the story isn't as charming as Lady and the Tramp's. 101 Dalmatians isn't phenomenal, but with good animation, adorable puppies, a fun villain, and good sense of adventure, 101 Dalmatians is a cute, charming Disney classic. l'm happy to own it on Platinum Edition.
½ December 28, 2016
101 Dalmatians is an interesting film in the history of Walt Disney Animation Studios. You can see a clear difference in the visual look of this first film from the 1960s, and all those that came before. A number of new techniques were used, so the animation looks much different, and there were not many songs in this one. Luckily, I feel the story still held up to Disney standards. Perhaps it helps that I am a dog lover, but 101 Dalmatians warms my heart every time I watch it. The characters they create throughout this film are all so endearing. I love the different animals that help out Pongo and Perdita along the way, and the different methods they use to escape are hilarious and fun. But the real breakout performance in this movie came from Betty Lou Gerson who voiced Cruella De Vil and created a legendary Disney villain. She is so amazingly evil that you just love to hate her. I have to admit, though, that there is something odd about 101 Dalmatians that keeps it off my Top 10 list of Disney films. Somehow I feel like it drags a little too much in some spots, but then it moves too fast in others. I think it might have served the story better if they had switched back to the human perspective occasionally so they broke up some of the long journey. Besides it would lend more emotional weight to the final scenes with Roger and Anita reuniting with their pets. That minor nitpick aside, this is still a delightful family film, and one that I'll gladly watch any time.