101 Dalmatians - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

101 Dalmatians Reviews

March 2, 2016
There is actually surprisingly limited depth once you really think about this film, but that somehow doesn't stop adorably cute puppies and a memorable villain in Cruella De Vil (even though I don't find her as great a character as others, did you notice that she effectively is left to try continue her ways by the film's end?) starring in this eminently entertaining film.
February 22, 2016
It's hard to pull off being this cute without being sickening, but Disney succeeded at that here. Even with its paper thin plot, it manages enough goodwill from its lovely cast of characters and a unique animation style that allows us to see the details in the individual pencil strokes. And that crime-based game show playing on TV is priceless.
February 17, 2016
While not as indelibly enchanting or inspired as some of the studio's most unforgettable animated endeavors, this is nonetheless a painstaking creative effort.
February 9, 2016
It's a classic story that stands the test of time pretty well. I enjoy the story and the animation is impressive for its time. It's a funny and actually pretty exciting movie as well that's worth a watch for classic animation fans.
February 4, 2016
It's not the greatest Disney film ever, but 101 Dalmatians is a fun watch with the family.
February 4, 2016
A Disney Classic worth a time to enjoy with the family
½ February 3, 2016
my favourite Disney movie.
January 16, 2016
Classic, cute, and funny, even clever at times. Entertaining for kids, but also for the adults inner child. I hate dog movies, but this is a delightful exception. The characters were great.
January 6, 2016
With a gorgeous animation job using xerography that ranks among the best the studio has ever done - though Walt Disney strongly disliked it -, this is a very entertaining film that also offers a memorable villain and knows well how to create suspense in scenes of danger.
December 15, 2015
just loved the dogs funny
December 14, 2015
I'm not as big of a fan of this film as say many others are, but I did think it was cute, had a memorable villain and seemed to be pretty likable.
December 1, 2015
a classic just watched it for the first time in 15 plus yrs. it definitely holds up fun funny and exciting
November 27, 2015
Solid gold Disney classic
½ November 14, 2015
Cruella de Vil has an evil plan with all 101 puppies, it's a fun story with a nice Disney ending for the whole family. But since the movie was made, there have been many Disney movies better than this one. Overall, the movie is a very good watch with your kids :) 7/10 or 3.5/5
½ November 1, 2015
Beautifully animated and endlessly charming, 101 Dalmatians is still just as fun to adults as it is for children.
October 19, 2015
Pretty much a perfect movie. Every scene progresses its plot in some way and the characters are developed in an efficient way. It's funny, suspenseful and overall wraps things up beautifully.
October 19, 2015
Returning to basic 1.78:1 widescreen for this film. This Spot-on film features everything that Disney can offer. Review by Logan Cornn.
September 8, 2015
Cute, funny, entertaining and such a great family film. Disney did it again in the best way possible.
August 21, 2015
One of the many movies that made up my childhood film experience. Suitable for both children and adults, 101 Dalmatians secures it's place as a stunning and memorable Disney classic. Cruella De Vil is one of the most infamous and colourful villains in cinema, and her bumbling burglar sidekicks just might be the funniest Disney villain sidekicks to hit the screen. It is fully engaging and excellently executed, with an adventurous theme and a fledge of colourful characters, made possible by the small but talented voice cast provided. All these factors, plus beautiful animation, make 101 Dalmatians a solid Disney classic, a childhood favourite of many people, including myself, as well as a sophisticated and engaging film to last throughout the ages.
½ August 12, 2015
This show is so fucked up movie. I've never seen anything this dark come out of Disney at least in the early years.
I mean, It's a woman wanting to skin Dalmatian puppies alive for their fur. WTF?