101 Dalmatians - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

101 Dalmatians Reviews

December 27, 2016
An absolutely classic and its aged pretty well too. Still one of the most charming and cutest of Disney movies.
jamrcla
December 24, 2016
Enjoyed it just too slow for me great villian but nothing greatly new or funny.
½ November 10, 2016
The most poised of Disney's animal features, "101 Dalmatians" has lost none of its charm or lovability.
October 31, 2016
Best 1961 movie! Dare you to prove me wrong!
½ September 16, 2016
Growing up, I liked pretty much every film in the Disney animated canon. Now as an adult, this is one of their films that still entertains me. It is quite funny without being too cheesy, has a touching story, and like the consensus states, features one of the most memorable animated villains of all time in Cruella.

It also features great animation, including the use of xerography.

Overall, I feel this was possibly their final "classic", as while some later films like The Jungle Book came close they fell just short of the standard set by this film.
August 28, 2016
Currently this generations has no clue what it means to be a great classic.
August 23, 2016
I only ever seen this a couple times as a child, but rewatching it as an adult I realize this is honestly one of the greatest films Disney has ever made. It's cuteness knows no ends!
August 15, 2016
A thrilling adventure with two dalmatians rescuing 99 dalmatian puppies! The movie was very entertaining especially the villain Cruella De Vil and her two henchman Horace and Jasper.
August 12, 2016
The animators went back to the drawing board here, literally, as 101 Dalmatians marked a creative transition in the company. After Sleeping Beauty flopped at the box office, the animators decided to dial back animation costs and use the less expensive Xerox copy design in this cartoon caper. Luckily for Dalmatians, it works, adding a modern flair to the film, coupled with Roger's jazzy "Cruella De Ville" rendition. Which much of the appeal that made Lady and the Tramp great, the film highlights its adorable animals (who doesn't like puppies?) and each character has a distinct personality that makes rooting for the dogs a joy. Cruella De Ville is a fitting antagonist, with a sinister smile, eccentric costume, and a pair of bumbling henchman that adds some decent slapstick humor to the driving suspense. Though not as tight of a script and not Disney's most imaginative story, 101 Dalmatians is still entertaining and worth the watch. Just be careful not to watch the 1996 live-action remake.
August 4, 2016
Such a fun film, from beginning to end.
July 22, 2016
Not only are the endless parade of dogs all memorable and fun, this features one of the all tie great Disney villains.
½ July 17, 2016
101 Dalmatians is amazing and heartwarming. Disney does a great job making an instant classic into a movie. This movie is full of laughs and it makes a great family movie. I would very much suggest this movie.
July 13, 2016
101 Dalmatians is a disney classic that makes people love dalmatians and when I say dalmatians I meant with an A instead of an O. The villian is memorable and her name is Cruella De Vil and all she wants to do is shen wants the puppies and made them out of coats. Jasper and Horace who is one of my favorite characters and they're the ones who stole the puppies and they need to get the job done before the police gets them. Roger who sings Cruella De Vil thinks shes evil and chase scene at the end really is cool. And speaking of which there are no songs apart from one. Thats all I can say about it. There are loads of characters for you to enjoy and good luck.
July 8, 2016
A classic movie but not my Favorite but I did like Cruella Deville she was cool I thought.
July 8, 2016
Alors que Disney venait de perdre énormément d'argent avec La Belle au Bois Dormant et que les techniques d'animation ont dues être changées, la boîte nous offre Les 101 Dalmatiens, un film sans prétention autant, visuellement incroyable (les décors sont extrêmement beaux), contant une histoire d'une simplicité incroyable et pourtant particulièrement touchante. Avec quelques passages parfaitement bien ficelés (la séquence où les 101 dalmatiens tentent de s'échapper avec de la suie est exceptionnelle), une chanson d'anthologie et un superbe doublage rendant hommage à des personnages très réussi, Les 101 Dalmatiens est une franche réussite, qui ne pêche que par son manque criant d'ambition et par sa grosse ressemblance avec son très supérieur cadet Les Aristochats.
June 26, 2016
Impressive animated film.
½ May 17, 2016
Outstanding Disney film, family favorite
May 13, 2016
101 Dalmatians is the story of a Dalmatian Pongo who lives with a bachelor named George. He seeks out a mate for himself and his owner and does so, and they have puppies. Everything is looking up till the evil woman Cruella Deville appears to claim their puppies for their fur. For a 1961 film 101 Dalmatians has great animation and a great level of charm. The story is by no means epic, but the characters sell the movie and give the film a longer lasting impression than it should.
April 17, 2016
One of the cutest movies ever made with incredible animation for its time and the greatest Disney villain since Maleficent.