101 Dalmatians - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

101 Dalmatians Reviews

May 13, 2016
101 Dalmatians is the story of a Dalmatian Pongo who lives with a bachelor named George. He seeks out a mate for himself and his owner and does so, and they have puppies. Everything is looking up till the evil woman Cruella Deville appears to claim their puppies for their fur. For a 1961 film 101 Dalmatians has great animation and a great level of charm. The story is by no means epic, but the characters sell the movie and give the film a longer lasting impression than it should.
April 17, 2016
One of the cutest movies ever made with incredible animation for its time and the greatest Disney villain since Maleficent.
½ March 27, 2016
Es una buena película de ayer y todos los tiempos.
March 26, 2016
Who Doesn't like this movie?
March 23, 2016
My goodness this movie is a classic, I fell in love with it immediately!! Having Dalmatians when I was growing up made this movie so enjoyable, I love this film more then any other Disney production!
March 7, 2016
Magnificent animation! Definitely one of the all-time greats. (First viewing - Childhood)
March 2, 2016
There is actually surprisingly limited depth once you really think about this film, but that somehow doesn't stop adorably cute puppies and a memorable villain in Cruella De Vil (even though I don't find her as great a character as others, did you notice that she effectively is left to try continue her ways by the film's end?) starring in this eminently entertaining film.
February 22, 2016
It's hard to pull off being this cute without being sickening, but Disney succeeded at that here. Even with its paper thin plot, it manages enough goodwill from its lovely cast of characters and a unique animation style that allows us to see the details in the individual pencil strokes. And that crime-based game show playing on TV is priceless.
February 17, 2016
While not as indelibly enchanting or inspired as some of the studio's most unforgettable animated endeavors, this is nonetheless a painstaking creative effort.
February 9, 2016
It's a classic story that stands the test of time pretty well. I enjoy the story and the animation is impressive for its time. It's a funny and actually pretty exciting movie as well that's worth a watch for classic animation fans.
February 4, 2016
It's not the greatest Disney film ever, but 101 Dalmatians is a fun watch with the family.
February 4, 2016
A Disney Classic worth a time to enjoy with the family
½ February 3, 2016
my favourite Disney movie.
January 16, 2016
Classic, cute, and funny, even clever at times. Entertaining for kids, but also for the adults inner child. I hate dog movies, but this is a delightful exception. The characters were great.
January 6, 2016
With a gorgeous animation job using xerography that ranks among the best the studio has ever done - though Walt Disney strongly disliked it -, this is a very entertaining film that also offers a memorable villain and knows well how to create suspense in scenes of danger.
December 15, 2015
just loved the dogs funny
December 14, 2015
I'm not as big of a fan of this film as say many others are, but I did think it was cute, had a memorable villain and seemed to be pretty likable.
December 1, 2015
a classic just watched it for the first time in 15 plus yrs. it definitely holds up fun funny and exciting
November 27, 2015
Solid gold Disney classic
½ November 14, 2015
Cruella de Vil has an evil plan with all 101 puppies, it's a fun story with a nice Disney ending for the whole family. But since the movie was made, there have been many Disney movies better than this one. Overall, the movie is a very good watch with your kids :) 7/10 or 3.5/5