101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure Reviews

• Oct 02, 2019

very good movie, I liked patch character, and how he deal with bullying

very good movie, I liked patch character, and how he deal with bullying

• Jul 26, 2019

Amusingly, I actually used to watch this DVD all the time alongside Over the Hedge, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and Finding Nemo back in a time when I was against a majority of movies that weren't animated, Marvel or Narnia but I don't think I've ever actually seen the first film before. I remembering owning the interactive storybook CD-ROM of it but don't ever remember watching the actual '60s classic. Does 101 Dalmatians II still hold up for me? Why, yes, yes it does. For a DTV movie, there is effort put into the film. The animation looks good, the voice acting is more than decent and there are a good dose of laughs though the songs are nothing to write home about and based off of my memories of the interactive storybook CD-ROM, the film does rehash some elements from the first film but it's more "Rocky II" rehashing than "Home Alone 2" rehashing (though I never held the repetition against the latter) but I still think this is one of Disney's DTV sequels that you won't regret owning.

• Mar 14, 2019

I'm shocked to say I like the second 101 Dalmatians movie quite a lot. Plenty of laughs, likable characters, and a decent climax. I think it's a great time together with families.

• Aug 10, 2018

It’s all the characters from the first film, but with different voices and none of the charm. It’s got a talented voice cast that is just absolutely misused on a movie like this. Martin Short’s talent is wasted on a character that has almost zero impact on the story. Jason Alexander’s character had some potential, but wasn’t fully explored. Jodie Benson (Ariel from The Little Mermaid) plays Anita and gets MAYBE half a dozen lines. Most of the characters from the original just feel a bit hollow and don’t even seem like the same characters. Remember when Pongo jumped through a window to fight off Horace & Jasper? Well, in this one, he is barely in it and when he is, he’s portrayed as a scatterbrained Dad that can’t keep an accurate count of the kids. The scene where Patch gets left behind at the house when the rest of the family moves to the farm is so atypical of the characters that I honestly thought that scene or the whole movie was going to be a dream sequence. It’s just a very poorly written sequel.

• Aug 07, 2017

Not the worst of the Disney Sequel era, but not the best. It does however have a few positives: songs, animation, and a likable main character to name a few. Yet, Cruella lacked her wickedness the made her so frighteningly great in the first film and the story was a little boring at times.

• Jun 11, 2017

Not only is this movie a rip-off of Lady And The Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, which is a mediocre film, so I don't get why they would want to rip that off, but it's also retreading elements from its predecessor. So not only did it copy from another Disney sequel that came out before it, but it also copied from the previous film. If that's not a crowning achievement of laziness in storytelling, then I don't know what is. And if that wasn't bad enough, this movie is soooooooo darn boring! I don't feel invested in what's going on, and I don't find myself caring about any of the characters or their relationship with one another. Bottom line, this movie is poorly written and an absolute bore to sit through.

• May 20, 2017

Definitely one of the better Disney DTV sequels. 3.5/5.

Definitely one of the better Disney DTV sequels. 3.5/5.

• Apr 24, 2017

It's an ok film. The first is by far my favorite Disney movie ever made. This one was kind of unnecessary after 40 years since the original and is not nearly as entertaining.

• Jan 11, 2017

I can say without shame I enjoyed this Disney sequel, I found it charming, genuinely funny, its characters likeable, and the animation really great to see. In my book: a solid family film.

• Jan 10, 2017