Summer School - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer School Reviews

July 16, 2013
A solidly enjoyable 80's comedy. While it does not do anything spectacular, it does just enough to keep you entertained.
July 11, 2013
Better than I expected... I had a few legit laughs.
½ July 2, 2013
Enjoyable summer movie for those who hated going to school in the summer can relate to. School phys ed teacher, who really shouldn't be teaching in the first place is given an odd ball group of misfits and tries to help them pass their english exams in 6 weeks. goofy fun with Harmon charming as ever.
June 23, 2013
I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT
May 12, 2013
This comedy has elements from the "teen movie" genre and "inspirational teacher" subgenre while outgrowing them both. I find those elements usually annoying but in this case the comedic angle makes them funny and hides the clumsy handling they usually receive. The storyline is about an uninvolved gym teacher with a rather "laisser-faire" style who is tasked with a summer remedial english class. He makes deals with his students in order to convince them of studying and, in the end, everybody improves, including the teacher.
February 27, 2013
Don't know how I managed to never see this in 25 years.
February 2, 2013
My all time favorite movie! Underated. big time!
½ January 26, 2013
Just out for a lark this movie hits the mark. Usual sappy moments but you remember the laughs a whole lot more :)
January 9, 2013
Summer School is your typical 80s comedy, little substance, stupid humor and lots of fun. Nothing screams greatness but it gives a few good laughs and some fun characters. It is what was and is expected from 80s flicks.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
½ November 18, 2012
I thought this was great back in the day. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hold up today though.
½ October 20, 2012
Havia teeeempos que não assistia esse filme, classico de sessão da tarde.
adoro..
"o cara que passou 6 semanas no banheiro tirou 91"
September 22, 2012
wow... Chainsaw is real life... the gore scene is a classic... superb
September 18, 2012
I passed this while channel skipping on TV, and it looked like a young Jethro Gibbs. Sure enough Gibbs (Mark Harmon) - 25 years younger - is the main actor in this movie about a phys-ed teacher getting through to a bunch of remedial students.
July 23, 2012
A very funny film about a coach who has to teach summer school. I love the gore scene in the movie. CLASSIC!
July 11, 2012
FUNNY,AND IT HAS GOOD MESSAGES ABOUT NOT GIVING UP. THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!!!! You also had to love Chainsaw and Dave. They were AWESOME!!! (:
June 14, 2012
Okay, Citizen Kane it's not, but an enjoyable diversion
½ May 5, 2012
watched this over and over as a kid
April 29, 2012
Decent typical 80s movie starring a young NCIS star John Harmon. A lot of the humor surprisingly holds up.