Summer School - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer School Reviews

February 27, 2013
Don't know how I managed to never see this in 25 years.
February 2, 2013
My all time favorite movie! Underated. big time!
½ January 26, 2013
Just out for a lark this movie hits the mark. Usual sappy moments but you remember the laughs a whole lot more :)
January 9, 2013
Summer School is your typical 80s comedy, little substance, stupid humor and lots of fun. Nothing screams greatness but it gives a few good laughs and some fun characters. It is what was and is expected from 80s flicks.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
½ November 18, 2012
I thought this was great back in the day. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hold up today though.
½ October 20, 2012
Havia teeeempos que não assistia esse filme, classico de sessão da tarde.
adoro..
"o cara que passou 6 semanas no banheiro tirou 91"
September 22, 2012
wow... Chainsaw is real life... the gore scene is a classic... superb
September 18, 2012
I passed this while channel skipping on TV, and it looked like a young Jethro Gibbs. Sure enough Gibbs (Mark Harmon) - 25 years younger - is the main actor in this movie about a phys-ed teacher getting through to a bunch of remedial students.
July 23, 2012
A very funny film about a coach who has to teach summer school. I love the gore scene in the movie. CLASSIC!
July 11, 2012
FUNNY,AND IT HAS GOOD MESSAGES ABOUT NOT GIVING UP. THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!!!! You also had to love Chainsaw and Dave. They were AWESOME!!! (:
June 14, 2012
Okay, Citizen Kane it's not, but an enjoyable diversion
½ May 5, 2012
watched this over and over as a kid
April 29, 2012
Decent typical 80s movie starring a young NCIS star John Harmon. A lot of the humor surprisingly holds up.
April 28, 2012
i really want to see it
April 27, 2012
Attack of the bunnies!
LWOODS04
½ April 17, 2012
Cast: Mark Harmon, Kirstie Alley, Robin Thomas, Patrick Labyorteaux, Courtney Thorne-Smith, Dean Cameron, Gary Riley, Kelly Jo Minter, Richard Steven Horvitz, Fabiana Udenio, Francis X. McCarthy, Tom Troupe, Lucy Lee Flippin, Ken Olandt, Shawnee Smith

Director: Carl Reiner

Summary: When school lets out for the summer, gym teacher Freddy Shoop can't wait to hightail it to Hawaii with his girlfriend for a vacation. But when the teacher who's supposed to teach remedial English wins the lottery, Shoop gets roped into the job.

My Thoughts: "One of my favorites from the 80's. It's funny, silly, and predictable. The character's are not that fascinating, but they're fun and so is the movie. The movie always puts me in a good mood after seeing it. It's a reminder of how simple a great teen comedy film use to be before it was all about sex and drugs. Just a simple fun film. See it if you haven't had the chance and if your a fan of 80's cinema like myself."
April 12, 2012
Everyone please take your seats.... Where should we take them?