Tempest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tempest Reviews

December 9, 2007
Don't know why. Maybe it is the escapee in me... Watched it at least 10 times. I love it!
December 3, 2007
I have fond memories of watching this movie as a kid. Based on Shakespeare's last play, it is beautifully shot in Greece, with one of my favorite actors, a true maverick, John Cassavettes. I waited for a long time for this to be finally released on DVD, and it was worth it. I loved the interaction between Cassavetes and Gena Rowlands. I think the movie is a tad long, but worth it. I wish they would remaster it though. I highly recommend this movie.
November 13, 2007
Apparently I'm the only person who's ever seen this movie.
½ November 6, 2007
An Architect fantasy movie! Lots of fun.
½ October 30, 2007
Agean light playing on Cassavettes' profound shadow. Water draining from Susan Sarandon's gorgeous body. Vittorio Gassman absolutely chewing up the screen. Don't we all want to be this heroic, forgiving Prospero amid our world of cloying "prosperity"?
½ October 29, 2007
Funny and poetic, slow and warm. I´m moving to the aegaen islands. Like it when Cassavetes gets more and more old-greek-alike. This is a-man-in-middle-of-the-life-crisis-film.
October 27, 2007
Enjoyable, fantastic acting, a Shakespearestory, what more needs to be said?
½ October 25, 2007
God, this was so boring I couldn't finish it. Am I missing something? The only thing that was amusing was the goat-herder. Just a really annoying movie.
October 23, 2007
I like the redefined notion of separate beds and watching Susan and Molly singing and playing on the beach...all wet and in the hot sun, I'm movin to Greece.
October 18, 2007
One of the best films ever, always a great pleasure to watch it again.
October 17, 2007
Absolutely splendid interplay between cassavettes and Rowlands. A very fine adaption of the shakespear story indeed.
½ October 16, 2007
Weird retelling of Shakespeare.
October 1, 2007
Cassavetes, säger bara Cassavetes... och Gena Rowlands, Raul Julia, Susan Sarandon & Molly Ringwald!
September 23, 2007
An excellent adaptation of Shakespeare's work, great casting, catchy sound track that fits in the plot (the best New York, New York coreography I've ever seen; a strange Leiber-Stoller instrumenta tango etc.).

"Show me the magic!"
September 3, 2007
Hmmm,too much New York angst for me. But loved Raul Julia.
½ August 25, 2007
wonderful cast and great version of shakespeares play!
August 5, 2007
Extraordinary. Beautifully filmed with an amazing cast and a timeless story.
August 1, 2007
I absolutely love this movie, I can watch it a million times. Excellent cast! Highly recommend renting or buying the dvd!
½ July 11, 2007
A terrific cast--especially Susan Sarandon (isn't she always great), Gena Rowlands and Molly Ringwald (in her first role)--but they're all stuck in a mediocre, meandering mess of a movie. I did enjoy the bows at the end.
nuheart
July 5, 2007
What a great flick! And one of the most unlikely of Shakespeare's works to get an update - but it worked. Glad it's finally out on DVD.