Them! Reviews

• Nov 22, 2019

A vastly underrated 1950s horror classic -- treated like a detective story.

A vastly underrated 1950s horror classic -- treated like a detective story.

• Sep 25, 2019

Top 10 greatest movie endings!

Top 10 greatest movie endings!

• Sep 02, 2019

One of the best 50's sci fi

One of the best 50's sci fi

• Mar 20, 2019

A cinematic classic.

A cinematic classic.

• Mar 02, 2019

In this film, a girl is found wandering in the desert in a state of complete shock. When she finally revives, she can scream out only one word: "Them!" As it turns out, "Them" are giant ants, a by-product of the radiation attending the atomic bomb tests of the era. Academy Awards, USA 1955 Nominee Oscar Best Effects, Special Effects. A strong cast (James Whitmore, James Arness and Edmund Gwenn), taut direction by Gordon Douglas, an intelligent and involving screenplay, and Oscar-nominated visual effects combine to make this a genuine classic.Them! was Warner Brothers' highest grossing film of 1954 and inspired countless imitations, all of which were inferior to the original. Who doesn't love a giant ant movie?This is the perfect film to watch if you love monster movies. Classic Sci Fi horror doesn't get any better than this. I really enjoyed this film.

• Nov 09, 2018

Couldn't even finish this one, it just wasn't for me. Its part of the Universal Monster Universe and most of those classics are unwatchable for me. The concept of oversized spiders on a killing spree just seems ridiculous to me. I know I'm in the minority as this is considered a classic. It still gets 1.5* bc the special effects of the spiders were done very very well.

• Oct 05, 2018

Maybe the greatest B movie of all time.

Maybe the greatest B movie of all time.

• Mar 30, 2018

In spite of the outrageous premise, this is a fun film to watch - with a few touches of pathos. Of course giant ants are impossible, as extreme DNA damage causes death or impotence - not rampant mutancy. Watch for Fess Parker, Leonard Nimoy, and Ann Doran to make appearances.

• Mar 05, 2018

All time classic horror movie and I consider it a must see if your into horror movies. No this movie dosen't have scary looking kids or ghosts or haunted house but what it dose have is a great story about the A bombs being dropped in the desert and creating giant ants who attack people.The Ants look good for their time and the acting is also good. Horror movies back then were so serious no funny business and thats what I like its nothing wrong with adding in jokes but to many can ruin a horror movie. I wasn't born when this movie came out but I still enjoyed it but one happens to wonder if they tried to remake this movie would the cgi take something away from this movie and could they keep its serious nature like the first one. Peter Jackson would be one for the job maybe JJ abrams or maybe even the guy who did Skull Island Jordan Vogt-Roberts. Them is a good horror movie and if you never have sat down to watch it you should

• Feb 27, 2018

My all time favorite sci-fi movie!

My all time favorite sci-fi movie!