Top Secret! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Top Secret! Reviews

½ August 7, 2015
Top Secret is the one of the most hilarious movies i have ever seen, Val Kilmer was so young and funny, Omar flashing scenes was pretty cool, everytime i feel bored i put this movie on ...
½ June 6, 2015
Somewhere between "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun," the Zucker brothers made this overlooked spoof comedy starring a young Val Kilmer.
½ June 5, 2015
Just downright funny.
½ May 13, 2015
82% on my Tomatometer.
April 14, 2015
Just out of whack and crazy enough parody to work.....got to hand it to this movie because it sure does go for it.
April 5, 2015
Reflection on romantic movies.
½ February 8, 2015
A ojos del público actual, una comedia como Top Secret! puede verse como simplona o fácil, pero lo cierto es que su humor, aunque a veces burdo, no deja de ser inteligente, especialmente en el uso del chiste en segundo plano. Algo lógico, teniendo en cuenta que viene de los escritores de Aterriza como Puedas, David Zucker y Jim Abrahams.

En esta ocasión además contaron con la presencia de un jovencísimo y carismático Val Kilmer, antes de hacerse famoso con papeles como Batman o El Santo.

Sin duda una divertida comedia de las que ya no se hacen.
January 31, 2015
I simply loved this movie
January 29, 2015
A lesser-seen ZAZ collaboration, Top Secret! is full of brilliant gags and a fantastic parody of spy films. Full review later.
½ January 24, 2015
I always considered this as the lesser well known gem. Held dearly since my childhood, more so than airplane. Although i love this movie, i've always been irritated by mr Nick Rivers
½ January 20, 2015
Divertida por ratos con el humor absurdo ochentero de Jim Abrahams.
January 12, 2015
Absolutely hilarious all the way through.
January 11, 2015
This one is absolutely hilarious. If it were a towel and jokes were water, they rung every drop of water of this one. Anything that could be funny was funny to great effect. The entire cast is hilarious and, really, I cannot think of anything that was not absolutely hilarious. It was truly joke after joke after joke, leaving you barely any time to recover from the last one. The entire cast is great and provide solid performances here and even the story is pretty interesting. Outlandish, yes, but perfect premise for a comedy of this nature. Really, I cannot say enough how funny this one. If you are looking for a good laugh (or 1,000), check this one out.
½ December 1, 2014
Back when comedies were legitimately funny, not medium shots of people standing/sitting around, dropping F-bombs at each other.
November 15, 2014
Some of the jokes are a bit dated now, but still some good gags.
October 31, 2014
had some good laughs & gags. worth the time!
½ October 20, 2014
Coming from someone you normally does not really enjoy slapstick comedy, I found Top Secret! to be quite funny.
September 19, 2014
From the makers of Airplane! and The Naked Gun comes Top Secret!, a hilarious send up of Elvis and WWII spy movies. Teenage heartthrob and rocknroll singer Nick Rivers visits the Iron Curtain to perform, but gets involved with the French Resistance and their plans at fighting back. He falls for a beautiful woman and must find a sinister mole among the rebels. Full of goofy sight gags and dumb loveable characters, Top Secret! is an underrated and corny comedy for all.
½ September 13, 2014
Top Secret! is another funny comedy film from the makers of Airplane!. I never expected Val Kilmer to be in a parody film, but he really is funny in this and makes this worked. Like Airplane!, this makes fun of movie clichés which is funny. But some of the jokes didn't really worked for me. The beginning was a bit slow, but it does picks the pace up with jokes that are funny for the most part. The chemistry between Val Kilmer and Lucy Gutteridge is great and funny. Even though it's not as good as Airplane!, but Top Secret! is good for what it is.
August 31, 2014
My Consensus:

One of the funniest movies of all time. Top Secret has loving craft that makes this laughs per second parody work.

95/100 A