Reviews

• Jul 14, 2020

It was so depressing I couldn't find any joy in it.

It was so depressing I couldn't find any joy in it.

John B Super Reviewer
    May 14, 2014

Lemmon is seldom wrong in his portrayls but this one feels wrong from other quarters.

• Nov 30, 2013

Bob Clark tries his hand at mainstream film making ... an adaptation of a Broadway play starring Jack Lemmon ... and the results drive him to make "Porky's". In that sense, we should be grateful for this miserable film. Lemmon is pretty well forced to try and carry this film since he has bad actors in major roles (Benson) and great actors in underwritten roles (John Marley). He almost pulls it off, but his character is ultimately too grating to support an entire film.

• Apr 26, 2009

I LOVE JASON LEWIS HE THE BEST i LOVE HIM WITH ALL OF MY HEART

I LOVE JASON LEWIS HE THE BEST i LOVE HIM WITH ALL OF MY HEART

• Anthony V Super Reviewer
    Jul 23, 2008

Jack Lemmon has to carry this film on his back. He almost pulls it off.

Jack Lemmon has to carry this film on his back. He almost pulls it off.

• Jun 09, 2008

A great movie - no. Jack Lemmon does his Jack Lemmon "thing" and Robby Benson is mediocre at best. But I saw this with my Dad when I was 11 years old. The idea of not really knowing your father and the fact he might die without knowing him really struck me. It's worth at least one viewing - or 20 if it leaves an impression on you like it did me.

• Jan 15, 2008

Lemmon is the the only reason to see this film. He does a great job but Benson can't act his way out of acting like he was acting his way out of a paper bag.