Twister - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twister Reviews

366weirdmovies
April 18, 2014
A man seeks to reconnect with his daughter and her alcoholic mother, who rarely leave the family mansion they share with the family patriarch (Harry Dean Stanton) and a weirdo artist brother/uncle (Crispin Glover). With interesting characters portrayed by intriguing actors (there's even a cameo by William S. Burroughs), it's a movie that keeps teasing that it's just about to get really good... then it ends.
September 19, 2013
Twister is an odd 80s comedy which surrounds an eccentric family. The humor in this is undeniably cheap, but the execution is surprisingly strong. The family dinner scene has me cracking up. The rest is only funny in the sense of how weird it is, and it's the weirdest comedy I've ever seen. Really random in humor, concepts, ans stpries, but it's not a movie to be completely brushed off

2 stars-
½ April 11, 2012
Hey, a twister is commin, lets tie ourselves to a pipe with our belts!!!
November 10, 2011
I can,t stand this........
October 23, 2011
Typical American blockbuster.
½ June 28, 2011
liekd the helen hunt one better
½ April 30, 2011
So, so odd. Crispin Glover is a gem until the dreamlike atmosphere of it all has you so stupefied that you don't really notice him anymore. Harry Dean Stanton has a couple of great lines, but the last half hour of the film (which seemed more like three weeks of being either pleasantly stoned on whip-its or being deeply and terminally depressed) erase them from the viewer's memory. The film's oddness is its appeal, really. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't like it. A YouTube compilation of Glover's scenes would be much more fun, and at least as rewarding. Hans Zimmer's music adds to the strangeness of it all. So odd, this movie. So, so odd.
April 5, 2011
Don't get this movie confused with the 90s action adventure about tornado chasers! No, this is a comedy/drama movie about an eccentric family and their problems relating to people outside of their relatives. It's really very interesting, and the actors are good. I like it.
November 16, 2010
Plenty entertaining!
August 4, 2010
Wierd. Random. And really nothing to do with tornadoes. Had guy from Back to the Future (Crispin Glover) playing a really out there guy. I wouldn't say this is a must see.
March 31, 2010
What the hell was that? It sure was NOT a movie I dont know what it was but it totally SUCKED! Its one of the most retarted movies I have EVER seen!
March 27, 2010
Prepare yourself to be blown away. Aside from the tornado itself the natural disaster happening in the middle of America is an oddball family trapped in their farmhouse. The patriarch of the clan is a retired soda pop tycoon currently dating a children's TV evangelist. Also living at the farm is his layabout daughter and her precocious 8-year-old daughter, his would-be artist son, the son's fiancee, and the black maid. Also thrown into the mix is the daughter's ex-husband who is seeking to get back in his ex-wife's good graces.

Based on the Mary Robison novel Oh and directed by Michael Almereyda, Twister features good acting performances from the following cast:
1.) Harry Dean Stanton (Cleveland)
2.) Suzy Amis (Maureen)
3.) Crispin Glover (Howdy)
4.) Dylan McDermott (Chris)
5.) Lindsay Christman (Violet)

While disaster-themed movies often feature tornadoes that destroy property and life, thus leaving behind the lives of everyone who struggle to survive in the aftermath, throughout the action-packed plot, this 1989-released Twister movie only features a sequence in which the tornado devastates the town during the first half. The rest, however, is a madhouse of a family who can't get along over personal issues, yet I understood some meaningful dialogue that was easy for me to hear, and I mustn't turn away from it. The makers of this movie labeled it as a comedy, but I felt more drama than anything else amusing. And as for the film title, its use is so coincidental that many people would easy confuse this with the 1996 film with Helen Hunt in it (which I liked better). It should have been called A Fighting Family In the Middle Of America instead - how about that? At least I can say that my viewing experience wasn't that bad at all, 'cause all I want to see in here is a tornado, and that's it.
½ February 17, 2010
eh this is a movie that i will say 'what ever' to not something that i like to seen.
January 17, 2010
very bad,no normalcy
January 12, 2010
I've heard a fart that held my attention longer.
January 9, 2010
I like this comedy movie
½ January 9, 2010
this movie was about the family as a unit, how they inner-twined wth each other. i thought it was a scary one from the title, it was an ok flick.
½ December 27, 2009
siempre veo la escena de la vaca
October 3, 2009
Not the one with Bill & Helen? Oh.
½ August 15, 2009