Two of a Kind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Two of a Kind Reviews

June 2, 2016
Oh dear, somebody decided that these two needed to be put back on screen together again even with a ridiculous story. I see that they obviously managed to persuade OLJ to do it by promising to plug her songs with some montage padding but Travolta should have known better. And Oliver Reed ???? fair play for whoever pulled that one off. This film is a cringeworthy mess at best.
January 29, 2016
Terrible movie. It has a really stupid storyline featuring God getting tired of human's behavior and wants to destroy the earth again, but the angels want to prove to God there's still good in the world by making two people Zach (John Travolta) and Debbie (Olivia Newton-John) fall in love. The writing is so bad you can't help but laugh or make an angry expression at the horribly written scenes in the movie. The only thing good about the movie is its soundtrack, lightning didn't strike twice for Travolta and ONJ but like I said the only thing good about the film is its soundtrack. If you really want to watch Olivia Newton-John in another movie besides Grease watch Xanadu which is ten times better than this s**t movie. Take my word for it, if you want to see Olivia Newton-John in the movies watch Grease and Xanadu and skip this one.
½ November 4, 2015
Oliver Reed, Charles Durning and an uncredited Gene Hackman as the voice of God pay bills while Travolta and Newton-John's chemistry gets buried under a train wreck of a script that makes "Xanadu" look like an art house film. Olivia had her Physical album to fall back on, while DePalma saved Travolta's career by casting him in "Blow Out." A case study in Bad Cinema.
½ June 18, 2015
Your mustache is falling off.

God has decided to destroy all humanity; however, three angels convince him that there are souls worth saving. God gives the angels a short time to prove their point. The angels are required to get a bank teller and con artist to show God proof. One day the con artist tries to rob a bank and somehow the teller ends up with the money, indirectly destroying her life. They quickly hate each other putting humanity at risk. Can the two resolve their issues and save the Earth?

"Rewind!"

John Herzfeld, director of Reach Me, 15 Minutes, 2 Days in the Valley, A Father's Revenge, The Preppie Murder, The Death and Life of Bobby Z, and Remember, delivers Two of a Kind. The storyline for this picture is miserable and very disappointing. The mixture of comedy and love story did not work. The acting is okay and the cast includes John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, Charles Durning, Beatrice Straight, Oliver Reed, and Ernie Hudson.

"Don't ask me any questions. I don't have the answers."

I grabbed this off HBOGO because I had never heard of this film and thought it may be entertaining. Unfortunately, this reunion between Travolta and Newton-John didn't have the same redeeming qualities as Grease. Overall, this is a forgettable film I'd skip.

"Smile!"

Grade: D
April 11, 2015
The charisma between these two is wasted on such a drip,drip drip of a movie.
May 23, 2014
Yeah, it's a cheesy flick....but, I still watch it once a year.
½ April 4, 2014
Only thing that kept my interest was speaking lines from Grease over the dialogue - that and the hope Travolta would burst into Greased Lightning at some point. Utter bollocks!
½ November 24, 2013
Not good...not good at all...but we did get "Twist Of Fate" from it (!).
November 10, 2013
A favorite of mine as a child...and still a favorite of mine today. The cheesiness envelops me.
June 29, 2013
I love this movie<3<3<3<3<3<3
June 24, 2013
I didn't know that John and Olivia have done another movie together besides Grease.
October 27, 2012
The ill fated Travolta and Newton-John big screen reunion. Dismal story about four angels who must get two people to sacrifice for each other or God (voice by Gene Hackman) will flood the earth. Does have a good Journey song on the soundtrack.
August 19, 2012
5/100 on Metacritic. I'm interested.
June 29, 2012
These two are gr8 together!!!
April 13, 2012
You mean there was more than Grease... WOW
½ March 31, 2012
not the repairing one would have hoped for
October 19, 2011
Truly a one-of-a-kind awful movie that demonstrates the magic and chemistry of GREASE is not so easily replicated. The beginning of a long losing streak for Travolta. Only part worth salvaging is Newton-John hit "Twist of Fate".
September 29, 2011
so they paired up again in a movie with a plot like this ??? what did they think ???
September 29, 2011
........................ The plot is just as stupid as "Xanadu"!
January 27, 2011
I liked this movie. It is not bad at all. It is no Xanadu but it fun. I love.