The Undefeated Reviews

• Dec 03, 2015

good late career western from Wayne

good late career western from Wayne

• Aug 07, 2014

Very good depiction of an actual historical event. Great lines and acting.

Very good depiction of an actual historical event. Great lines and acting.

• Feb 24, 2014

Standard JW fayre. Slow to start but with some good action moments and very good horse stunts. Average but not bad.

• Dec 21, 2012

This movie falls flat, is very boring and has a weak, lame, uninteresting plot (what was it?). Wayne made better "B" Westerns in his youth!

• Jan 17, 2012

63/100. John Wayne's other movie from 1969. Often incorrectly labeled as one of Duke's weakest Westerns, I found this to be a clever and fun albeit unspectacular western. I liked how the film bordered on the friendly hostility edge between Wayne's Union troops and Hudson's Confederates. The conflict was always in flux, never turning too animistic or friendly which all comes together in the entertaining fourth of July brawl scene which was undoubtedly the film's best moment. First Rock Hudson film I ever saw, I was extremely impressed by his acting ability. Seeing one of the most famous openly homosexual actors work alongside the conservative Duke is entertaining for nostalgia's sake. The ending was too anti-climatic for me and the film was uneven at times, but it was a good watch with some good historical background.

• Dec 14, 2011

another great cattle drive movie. this was an interesting one. john wayne vs the emperor

• Jeffrey M Super Reviewer
    May 29, 2011

An enjoyable Western with a unique premise. If you're seeing it for The Duke, you won't be disappointed, and prepare to be surprised by Rock Hudson.

• Feb 07, 2011

Great Western combine Entertaining Late John Wayne Fun with Critism on both the American and the Mexican Civil War with Lot of Gunspree & a Giant Fighting Brawl, a Unorthodox Love Story between a Indian and a Southern Bell and of cause the hillarious Duo John Wayne and Rock Hudson and i love that this Movie play in Mexico Excellent Cinematography love the Horse Scenes and the dooming Scene in the Swamps

• Jan 26, 2011

Enjoyed the theme of post-war reconciliation but thought it drew out a fairly thin plot.

• Dec 16, 2010

It's a tad over-plotted but this is a solid late Western with John Wayne. It's surprisingly violent at times. Rock Hudson is quite good in it as well.