Valley Girl Reviews

• Aug 12, 2019

Ok so they made a movie out of a cute novelty song.

Ok so they made a movie out of a cute novelty song.

• Oct 09, 2018

Best 80's movie ever!!

Best 80's movie ever!!

• Nov 16, 2017

Valley Girl is absolute trash. It is a series of scenes featuring characters I never care about, behaving like annoying adolescents. The sequences where the girls are all gathered together, while potentially authentic in how teenagers might act, were incoherent and pointless. It was just a bunch of screeching voices talking about boys (don’t expect this movie to pass the Bechdel test.) The guys behave like a series of cliches and even Nicolas Cage, who is the one you’re supposed to root for throughout the film, acts like an idiot. Valley Girl has the illusion of being a teen sex comedy but it doesn’t star teenagers, isn’t even remotely sexy, and never once is humorous. There are 3 or 4 plots all trying to go on at the same time, but none of them are handled well. About 30 minutes into the movie I started to become distracted, which didn’t seem to matter because the stories follow a pattern that is so obvious I could have written the end for them. Everyone should avoid this film at all costs, it is a mind-numbing experience and it made me mad as opposed to any positive emotion it was targeting.

• Oct 25, 2017

my best 80's classic

my best 80's classic

• Jan 22, 2017

I don't think you'll see Nic Cage in a role like this, but he plays quite naturally how he plays most other roles he's tackled. This may seem like an immature film but there's a little more to it and so it reaches for a slightly wider age range which is okay.

• Aug 29, 2016

Like, totally bitchin! It's a refreshingly more realistic teen movie. It still beats to ii over the head with its message of individuality, but it's still good fun. Featuring a dynamite soundtrack.

• Jul 30, 2016

An obscure teen comedy from the 1980's that is a very underrated film. Personally, I think it was one of the best from the 80's in this genre. There is a definitive implied meaning to the film. It does not matter what kind of background people come from; if they are compatible & they love each other deeply they can make it work romantically. People can rise above the opinions of divergent class levels & the bias of their friends. The film is directly comparable to films from the 80's such as: Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982), Pretty in Pink (1986), & Making The Grade (1984). I always felt this film was much better than Fast Times. They are both classics, but Valley Girl is definitely more thought provoking. You may also find aspects of this film in other 80's flics such as Sixteen Candles (1984) & the very 90's teen sex comedy Trojan War (1997). With a good soundtrack & really good performances all over the board. Do not miss this hidden gem of a film.

• Apr 22, 2016

not as iconic as i thought it would be....melt with you is about the only memorable thing, but it did make me wonder: whatever happened to foodfights?

• Oct 06, 2015

as domeone who lived in socal at this time this 'craze' as they call it was hardly 'short-lived'

• Jun 06, 2015

I think this is the hottest version of Nicholas Cage ever. This movie is so great! A modern 80's Romeo and Juliette.