Mystery Train - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mystery Train Reviews

½ April 22, 2013
A steady deep descent into the bowels of unglamorized Americana from the persepective of different foreigners. It's quite an enjoyable and funny movie told in three seemingly unrelated chapters.
½ April 17, 2013
A Great film. The different story lines are not all as entertaining as the last one but I did like a lot of there different characters. I liked that Tom Waits was the DJ just as he was in Down by Law.
½ February 23, 2013
Classic early jarmusch installment that balances all of his frequent motifs: vignettes that intersect during a single day/night, fixation on geography, awkward black humour, international cast, hip cameos, and fatalism.
½ February 15, 2013
Unpredictable, that's what I like!
February 11, 2013
A gorgeous masterpiece. Jarmursch at his best in the weird, deep South.
½ December 26, 2012
I got to check the damn fan belt
cosmo313
December 11, 2012
This has been near the top of my watch list ever since I first made it...over 5 years ago.
½ December 1, 2012
It´s hard to proof or understand it, but it seems that Mystery Train and many of Jim jarmush´s movies are so realistic, because of that special and unpredictable script and diologs. A really agreable style to watch.
November 1, 2012
2nd favorite Jarmusch film.
October 23, 2012
Amazing movie. A wonderfully told snapshot of a city and some interesting visitors and inhabitants. The writing, direction and acting are all great, as is the music. So cool to see Joe Strummer in a movie. Any movie.
October 8, 2012
Fascinating, beautiful, deadpan gold. Jarmusch is the king.
October 3, 2012
It's boring and not worth your time. There's no actual plot and has some rare hit or miss jokes. Say no to Mystery Train.
September 19, 2012
"Mystery Train" might be summed up as a slow, bizarre train to nowhere. There are 3 interlocking stories in Jim Jarmusch's film. The first one with the Japanese couple is fairly interesting, the second one is silly (featuring an appearance of the ghost of Elvis), and the third one has some entertainment value revolving around Steven Buscemni. Unfortunately, the sum of the parts do not add up to anything spectacular.
September 15, 2012
Wonderful to look at and entertaining in its own dry, deadpan way. However, I hesitate to call it insightful.
½ September 15, 2012
Love my Jim Jarmusch movies they never really have a narrative but the are always very interesting to watch
September 13, 2012
I love the feel of this movie. Screamin Jay is worth it alone. A young Buscemi is funny. Joe Strummer does a good role, wonder why we don't see him more
½ August 14, 2012
No hay mucho que decir de esta pelicula sin que pierda su esencia, solo una palabra: Ervis.
May 9, 2012
Jim Jarmusch's Mystery Train tells its three tales sequentially. One can't help but wonder if the film would have been better if it used standard Hollywood intercutting instead. In such a scenario, it almost certainly would have needed to ditch the first segment and make its focus the third, splicing in the second here and there. The problem with that is that the second segment, "A Ghost," is obviously the weakest, yet it's the only one that really connects to the third in any real way. Turning the third segment, "Lost in Space," into a feature length film would have been great. But we either would have lost the fantastic "Far From Yokohama" segment that begins the film, or it would have stuck out like a sore thumb as being so very out of place. In the end, I think Jarmusch did it right.
½ April 28, 2012
This movie is so real. It is about real people. The writing is sarcastic and clever, the acting is great, GREAT music.