My Blue Heaven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Blue Heaven Reviews

July 15, 2016
7/15/2016: Pretty disappointing considering the combo of Moranis/Martin. They played their parts well, but it wasn't near as funny as I hoped.
May 24, 2016
Steve Martian is hilarious!!!!!!
December 6, 2015
Pretty good comedy that you should check out. It gets boring here and there, but other than that, it's good.
½ August 18, 2015
I very much like my blue heaven I thought steve martins portrayal a mob informant who joins the witness protection program is hysterical also rick moranis as the FBI agent responsible for him as well as joan cusack as a deputy DA trying to nail martin are good
May 2, 2015
Pendant une demi-heure, My Blue Heaven semble être une comédie plutôt efficace sur le thème rebattu du "Fish out of water" avec un Steve Martin délirant en mafioso sous protection policière et Rick Moranis en agent du FBI débordé. Les gags sont réussis, l'ambiance est bien installée et l'intrigue n'est pas encore en place. Cependant, quand elle s'y met, My Blue Heaven ralentit considérablement et manque terriblement d'autres gags plus évolués que de laisser Steve Martin faire n'importe quoi (avec grand talent). C'est vraiment dommage car l'atmosphère est toujours aussi bonne.
March 25, 2015
Much better for the stick up their butt critics than your average movie goer.
December 22, 2014
One of my favorite movies- it's so funny! I can watch it over and over again.....steve martin is hilarious
October 26, 2014
A classic Steve Martin movie that should be seen by every Martin fan!
August 7, 2014
(First and only viewing - 3/1/2010)
May 11, 2014
To me the only funny parts are when it's trying to be serious and sentimental. It's so cheesy! The movie drags and is so completely unbelievable that it's hard to care about what happens. The entire movie runs on cliches and tired tropes.
March 8, 2014
Vinnie Antonelli (Steve Martin) a middle-tier New York shonky type with serious gravity-defying hair who'd rather rat on his cronies than become acquainted with life in the big house. He's been spirited away to the middle of nowhere - the ultra-suburban San Diego town of Fryburg - under the care of stiff-as-a-board FBI guy Barney Coopersmith (Rick Moranis). Vinnie (or 'Tod' as he's now supposed to be known) has a hard time dealing with this enforced culture shock (unlike his wife, who just hoofs it as soon as they get there), until he starts running into many of his old buddies - it seems Fryburg's a popular place for witness relocation. Old habits seemingly die hard, and the Vinster starts getting involved in the odd dodgy caper or two, hardly lying low enough to avoid a local DA (Joan Cusack) getting on his case, leaving Barney fruitlessly trying to keep his charge in check - let alone alive enough to testify.

also stars Melanie Mayron, Carol Kane, Bill Irwin, Julie Brovasso, Jesse Bradford and Colleen Camp.

directed by Herbert Ross.
February 10, 2014
For the movie critics and other people who criticized Steve Martin for a "spoofy" portrayal of an Italian mobster.......that was the point! (hahaha) Anybody knows, if you want a "real" portrayal, you get De Niro or Pacino. This movie was meant to be cheesy and that's what makes it laugh out loud funny. I watched this movie years ago and it just made me laugh so much. The Mambo dance scenes alone are worth the cost.
February 8, 2014
Great classic film. I saw this when I was young and still enjoyed it the other day. Interesting how a mob sort of a film can contain humour. Nice cast as well.
January 17, 2014
if your into steve martin humor you might like it the story is pretty boring and predictable
October 28, 2013
Just watched this movie again for the first time since I was a kid. This flick came out when I was 10 and still holds a lot of punch! It's a great comedic pairing of Martin and the other guy, who's name escapes me. I feel like I got a lot from this character, from how to care for pants, to how to keep your wallet from getting stolen. It's weird I know, but this movie makes me feel good about life and has tons of fun moments!
October 17, 2013
Been watching it since i was a little sprout.
and even back then I found it humorous
October 8, 2013
Not horrible, but silly and kind of stupid. Steve and Rick were a pretty good pair in this.
August 28, 2013
A quirky, low key comedy. This one has held up very well over time.
August 24, 2013
I really enjoyed this film. One of those movies that whenever it came on HBO I'd watch it over and over and over again.

I really liked that they put Martin in the Witness Protection, and in there he finds a bunch of old friends, and basically starts up a crime wave while under protection!

Moranis and Cusack are pretty good, but it takes awhile for them, as with their characters, to lighten up and join in with the fun.

Martin is just amazing here. It's like his entire life is Bullsh*t, and he never knows it as he just keeps telling more and more lies to get what he wants.

Bill Irwin is kind of funny as the wacky co-worker.

The ending is kind of cliched, but the film has a lot of heart and is really funny.
½ August 2, 2013
Classic movie. Steve Martin and that guy from honey I shrunk the kids are awesome. I could watch this movie 109 times. It always feels like Saturday afternoon.