Navy Seals - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Navy Seals Reviews

February 1, 2013
This movie is just super ridiculous and over the top, and just 80's-riffic/super early 90's. I don't know why I love this movie, I really don't. Maybe because it's so stupid and hated, that I just have to. Or maybe because the love story is so non-central to the plot. I don't know. It's awesome.
December 29, 2012
Worse than I expected. Over-the-top gung-ho miltary action drama. Plot is basic. Performances are wooden.
December 29, 2012
Fantastic movie. Casting, action scenes, all just about perfect. The only reason people dunn it is the general anti-military PC crap that is "cool" in our culture.
½ December 21, 2012
This is pure popcorn fodder at its best, the perfect movie to watch with your mates as you drink beer. B-Movie hero Biehn and continual screw-up Sheen are perfect casting for this no brainer film that has more dubious racial politics than just about any other movie from the era, Arab's are bad as far as this film is concerned all of them! And if your black and about to get married you might as well paint a bulls-eye on your forehead and shout come and get me at the top of your lungs. That said there are a few decent set pieces its just a shame that Bill Paxton doesn't get more screen time as 'God'!
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
½ November 30, 2012
It's fast-paced but not as fun as it should be, Charlie Sheen is more suited to films like 'Hot Shots!' and 'Hot Shots! Part Deux'...it does make great source material for a Phil Collins video though.
½ November 15, 2012
Navy Seals is recruitment propaganda and a film that glamorizes the war with action sequences and fun characters, but frankly my friends I don't give a damn.

Navy Seals is a fun, action-packed adventure with great characters and decent drama.
Like Top Gun, it is clearly an attempt to appeal to people with the will to become easily influenced. However, unlike Top Gun it's a good film. It has quality action and fun stupidity outside it, as well as decent drama added in.
It also features good cinematography and the pacing is nice and fast for the action to supply.

The acting is also good. Michael Biehn plays a good part as the standard honest soldier, and he plays it well.
Charlie Sheen is given a gun and plays....... Well, Charlie Sheen with a gun. His character is awesome because he's playing the same character he always does, but with a gun. Ou can just tell from the moment that Sheen dives off the highway into the water that his character will be a riot, and you'd be correct. He is also good in the small dramatic sequences.

Navy Seals is mostly good action, and with the good acting alongside it that's more than I could ask for. It's like a one-man army of 8 SEALS
October 27, 2012
Full of scenes which makes you wonder if they were trying to make a serious film. Climaxes with a covert mission to Lebanon to destroy lost US missiles. When destroyed, they level a decrepit 4 story building. Hard to believe the seals were sent.
September 23, 2012
Loved this movie when I was younger. One of the top action movies of the 80s with a string of movies tring to be it. Still very memorable, particularly the trap Micheal Bein's character lays for the female lead in the training circuit,a nd Charlie Sheen's commando dive off the bridge. A man's man's movie.
September 21, 2012
Yes it's a bit cheesy, but I really enjoyed it. It has some cool macho stunts and antics.
June 24, 2012
Pretty bad attempt to make a modern day war film. This film looks pretty weak when compared to say "Black Hawk Down" or even the more recent "Act of Valor" which featured active duty seals and that was even a mixed bag.
June 3, 2012
A entertaining "Top Gun" wannabe.
May 31, 2012
Charlie Sheen being Charlie Sheen. It was nice to see Michael Biehn in a movie, though. The action is OK, but that's the best I can say about it.
April 19, 2012
should be good.Sheen,and Paxton.
April 13, 2012
Over the top but enjoyable
March 17, 2012
Surprisingly entertaining movie! The preview, and name made me think Navy Seals was a low budget action flick. Surprising the movie is good. Navy Seals has an interesting story with some good acting from Bein and Sheen. The last half hour of the movie is a pure adrenalin rush. I watched Navy Seals many times on Military Chanel and the movie never gets old. I give Navy Seal's four out of five stars.
½ March 13, 2012
Underrated gem with Charlie Sheen and Michael Been. This is maybe not their greatest performances, but it sure is fun to watch.
March 9, 2012
Hidden action gem of the early 90's. One of my favourites as a kid.
March 3, 2012