The Punisher Reviews

• Oct 09, 2019

Despite the seemingly indestructible Dolph Lundgren with a crossbow, The Punisher is a boring one-man battle with never-ending action scenes.

• Sep 22, 2019

Still badass after all these years.

Still badass after all these years.

• Aug 06, 2019

This movie is just a low budget, low quality action movie, even by ‘80s standards. The acting's stilted, the plot's a bore, and the action isn't even fun or exciting for the most part. It may have some merit as the subject of a Mystery Science Theater 3000 viewing, but other than that it's pretty lifeless. Closest comparison: It's halfway between Masters of the Universe (1987) and The Defenders (Netflix, 2017) Setting: Crime Plot: Vigilante Tone: Action

• Jul 03, 2019

This movie was a childhood favorite of mine. Dark and gritty. and completely underrated. .

• Jan 03, 2019

It's time for punishment.

It's time for punishment.

• Jun 10, 2018

While this movie is not as bad as the 1990 Captain America movie, this Punisher adaptation is still bad albeit not terrible. Dolph Lundgren does his best with the character, the action, while typically '80s, is okay & sometimes cathartic and I wouldn't be lying if I said that the opening credits got me somewhat excited despite looking like they came out of a cheesy '70s TV show. But the problem is that the movie is incredibly underdeveloped. The script seems to have been rushed out the door and even the action can be boring essentially being "guns go bang, bang!!! YAYYYYYY!!!!". This take on the Punisher is not remarkably awful but compared to the 2004 and 2008 films as well as the Netflix series, this Punisher adaptation is the weakest of them all.

• Feb 03, 2018

This movie has developed quite a cult, but unfortunately I am not a member of that cult. This movie just plain sucks. It doesn't even include the famous Punisher trademark of the skull. Outdone by both of its successors, simply because this doesn't even feel like a Punisher movie.

• Jan 11, 2018

Bizarre cult action movie

Bizarre cult action movie

• Jan 07, 2018

way more entertaining than i thought it would be

way more entertaining than i thought it would be

• Dec 24, 2017

I have a soft spot for this adaption, that action wise is better than expected. A violent 80s movie that is exactly what it says on the can!!