The Jungle Book - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jungle Book Reviews

½ August 12, 2016
After a mediocre effort with the The Sword in the Stone, the studio gets back on track here with what might be the best Disney film of the pre-Renaissance era. Tackling Rudyard Kipling's Mowgli stories, the producers ventured out of their comfort zone and brought the India-based jungle tale to life with an end product that is pure, unrequited revelry. From instantly admirable characters from the big oaf Baloo and the rambunctious colonel Hathi and his patrol. Excellent voice acting and original designs give these animals some life, even given its low detailed animation. The Jungle Book also boasts some delightful, jazzy tunes courtesy of the Sherman Brothers (masterminds behind most of Disney's older musical hits) and it's hard not to tap your foot and sing along to songs like the scat-jam "I Wanna' Be like You".
August 8, 2016
The film is a total masterpiece in childhood and adulthood. The songs are catchy and fun, the animation is smooth and clean, the characters & villains are charming and intelligent, and the ending is a passionate conclusion to Mowgli meeting the love of his life as he follows the girl to the man village & this ending is also a magical & peaceful final frontier to Walt Disney flying to the heavens.
July 25, 2016
Really great classic. The characters were the best and it's a fun move to sing along to.
July 22, 2016
While it's not Disney's greatest effort, it's still a solid one; filled with several memorable characters.
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
Loved it, Cool sing along songs, Probably my favorite classic Disney film and should be passed down to the next generations.
July 18, 2016
OK guys, heres what I'm going to do. This is definitely one of disneys last films. Me and my friend Harry loved it. We were quoting all the lines all the way through and I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is so much fun. The songs are memorable, The March Song, I Wanna Be Like You, Trust In Me, That's What Friends Are For and the one The Bare Necessities. My favorite part about this film is Baloo singing The Bare Necessities. There are all that I really love like I Wanna Be Like You and The March Song. The music sounds the same much like from Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, The Sword in the Stone and others. I even found the opening music creepy when I was a kid, well not that creepy. The villain is brilliant and he's name is Shere Khan and he hates men and do whatever it to kill Mowgli. Bagheera has all the loyalty he can get. By the way, Bagheera is not just a cat he's a panther, a black panther and he sure reminds me of the pink panther. Well that's it, that's The Jungle Book the last disney classic he had ever made. You'll enjoy the characters, the animation and the catchiest songs ever.
½ July 17, 2016
Jungle book a another disney classic. Great animation, catchy songs, and great script.
July 14, 2016
The Jungle Book is bright, beautiful and fun. It's filled with a vibrant jungle, dancing, unique characters that dance, sing and deceive. It's lighter and more focused on being silly than the remake. It has a lot of really fun characters. Baloo is awesome as the happy-go-lucky, goofy black bear and the "Bear Necessities" song is still one of my favorites. I didn't remember that Shir Kan really isn't all that terrifying of a villain until the very end. He's snobby and refined, but pretty mellow until the finale. The snake is creepier, the Militant regiment of Elephants was amusing and the King monkey is way more wacky and less aggressive in the original. He dances around and tickles people and shouts gobblety-gook. As a child, I totally missed that the monkey was looking for fire. This movie actually introduced the idea of fire in a much more subtle way. One problem with the remake is that it beat you over the head with the idea of "tricks" and the "red flower". Jungle Book is harmless, colorful and fun adventure with a few scattered darker moments.
July 13, 2016
The crown jewel in Disney's series of old animated classics. Never has a friendship like Mowgli and Baloo been so perfectly depicted in animated form before then. Even by live action standards, the relationship between it's central pair is still help in high regard today. A toe-tapping wondrous film that really lets us get in touch with the bare necessities of life.
July 6, 2016
great characters. classic.
July 2, 2016
With the strenght of charisma, delightful characters and voice casting, The Jungle Book is strong enough to endure itself as another Disney classic, even with it's lack of deep story development.
June 30, 2016
Always a favourite! Every black cat needs the name Bagheera!
June 28, 2016
A Walt Disney classic.
½ June 12, 2016
All you gotta do is watch the movie and understand that it's a fine kid's movie with good songs and a fun story.
May 25, 2016
It's a Disney Classic I still think. It's better then the live action version.
½ May 24, 2016
This was my very first film as a baby, and I love it even more today! This movie offers clever writing, nice animation, lovable characters, and an amazing soundtrack. If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it NOW! It is a great dedication to Walt Disney.
May 22, 2016
Fun and Upbeat, The Jungle Book is a musical charm and has that Disney Style
½ May 20, 2016
I don't know about the rest of the newer generation, but this is indeed one good Disney film. I don't feel like I've outgrown this one much compared to some others. The lush jungle scenery and music both make quite a visually stunning film, especially for its time. As a younger child, I did enjoy watching this over and over. Pretty much all the characters are instant classics with Baloo being the most lovable and the overall story is well developed (I'd almost say more well developed compared to the 2016 version of the film). A childhood classic and another well made Disney film.
May 14, 2016
My favorite as a kid. Think i was taken to the cinema 6 times to see this. Have now watched another 4 times in a fortnight. Great songs. Clever animation, and some real quality old fashion wisdom in the script.