Treasure Island - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Treasure Island Reviews

½ December 28, 2014
I'd not read the book, nor seen any other version of this film so I had high expectations, unfortunately I was disappointed by the film and the story. The ending of the story is incredibly disappointing and the film was just, well, not very piratey and I'm sure that treasure island isn't supposed to be in Cornwall yet the whole film looked like Cornwall. I suppose I'll be watching another version soon to see if it gets any better.
½ November 1, 2013
An ok movie.. I like the story and I believe I will see more versions of it in the future.
½ April 25, 2012
Wasting a great story and undisputed acting talent.
½ April 27, 2011
i didn't like this version as much as the 1950 & 1934 versions. the actors didn't capture the right tone and the cinematography is too infected with it's time - very 70s, soft focus, etc. and quite honestly the actors were all so mediocre it just left me flat. better of with the older versions.
½ August 16, 2010
It wasn't too bad considering it's age but it was let down by some irritating dialogue that you'd expect if this was meant to be performed on stage. I thought Orson Welles was brilliant as Long John Silver. As with Geoffrey Rush as Captain Barbosa in Pirates of the Caribbean, you know that Long John Silver should be feared, but you cannot help but find him incredibly cool. It's quite dated now, but still enjoyable enough.
DrLappos
October 14, 2008
Absolute belter of a pirate movie....always loved this story.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
½ March 6, 2008
a classic story good plot....
½ January 24, 2007
oh such a classic... love it.
December 28, 2006
Great book great movie
½ May 17, 2006
...seems to be the thing with this film. It starts off poorly, but it does pick up a little. The performances are pretty ordinary, as is the direction. Not worth your time.