GoodFellas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

GoodFellas Reviews

½ February 5, 2017
In a year that has had a powerful boss 3, The big memory when we talk about Mafia movies of I990 It is "Goodfellas", not to mention, following everything that a good movie has to have, "Goodfellas" has, and even a temperinho The more, with great performances, great script and precise direction, we are certainly talking about one of the best Mafia movies. Let's talk first about the film script that tells the story of Henry Hill (Ray Liotta), a boy who always wanted to be a gangster, here we have a complete narrative of his life, from the rise to the fall, through his dramas, love, death , Disagreements and glare. We do not have here a highly organized Italian mafia, our characters are not the "Bosses", quite the contrary, their criminal life begins with robberies and ends with traffic, their operations are well explained, such as the development of all characters, even characters Like that of Paulie who has little screen time are well developed. The photograph of the film is good, it is not memorable, but it knows how to play colors very well on screen, we do not have that dark palette as it is usually the mafia movies, here the color palette is warm, the warm weather is always present and the trail Sound is spectacular, nothing original tracks, only songs from the time when the film is passing, that passes all that sarcastic climate is counterpoint to what is being shown on screen, it is also worth mentioning the great editing and sound mixing Of the film. Joe pesci is one of the best supporting actors in the cinema, and he is completely incredible, and it's good that Scorsese did not manage to play the leading role for De niro - who does a sober and convincing performance - but for Ray Liotta, That in certain moments is even alien to the personage, but in the great part of the film delivers a mafioso very cunning, intelligent and even unconcerned with the world and its consequences. At the end of the day we have a movie that keeps its rhythm and the high level in all the acts, it is not completely perfect and not a masterpiece of the seventh art, but surely it is a spectacular movie.
February 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 31, 2017
Modern Scorsese gangster classic beautfilly shot and directed and acted. Personally I believe this movie to be Scorsese's homage to Orson Welles with its elaborate camerwork and long uninterrupted shots.
January 23, 2017
Probably one of my top 3 movies ever. Goodfellas is a must watch at least once a year. And don't you dare watch it on cable. This is Scorsese at the height of his career and the script he claims he's always dreamed about. DeNiro, Liotta, Pesci and Bracco are all in top form and could've all won an Oscar. The storytelling is rich. The memorable scenes and quotes are endless. "Funny how?" Goodfellas is perfect.
January 22, 2017
the greatest film ever made!
January 20, 2017
Without doubt not only the best gangster film of all time but Martin Scorseses greatest masterpiece "Goodfellas"based on the true story of Irish-American gangster Henry Hill(Ray Liotta)and,with help from fellow gangsters Jimmy Conway(Robert De Niro)and Tommy Devito (An astonishing Oscar winning performance from Joe Pesci)through the Mafia ranks remains a true crime classic.
½ January 15, 2017
This is a great movie. I showed it to Dustin and Jessica the other night for their first time. Every time I watch this movie it excites me and leaves me falling in love with it. I love the ***spoiler*** coke binge scene where they are paranoid about the helicopter chasing them and then it turns out they were right to be. There are several really intense scenes in this movie too. Joe Pesci can really bring alot of tension to a scene and Ray Liotta makes for a pretty likable character. At first the movie makes you want to live a gangster life and at the end, you end up feeling the opposite. This is a classic for me.
½ January 15, 2017
If the first movie you've seen Joe Pesci in was Home Alone, you were clearly missing his standout film: Goodfellas, which is unpredictable, sharp, and shocking; It's the Gold Standard of the Gangster Genre.
January 10, 2017
Damn, is this what it looks like to be a gangster? It might as well be. Martin Scorsese sees every detail of the lives of the wiseguy Henry Hill from rise to fall. Ray Liotta plays him with every inch of realism, playing it cool from the start and a paranoid wreck near the end. The best moments are when he, DeNiro, and Pesci are on screen, because it's both homely and tense. The rest of the cast is amazing it's like family on film. As it goes, the colors get less vibrant and the violence gets more brutal. In Scorsese's strongest film, the gangsters live like movie stars, and thus the film runs with major muscle.
January 6, 2017
It's good, I just don't love it like the vast majority of people.
December 22, 2016
Best Mob movie ever. A movie that actually goes into the mentality of a mob member and that honor doesn't make you a leader.
December 15, 2016
Goodfellas is considered to be Martin Scorsese's Masterwork and for good reason, with a intricate and wildly entertaining plot, the film sets new ground for gangster genre only done previously by The Godfather
December 3, 2016
CLASSIC! On Blu-ray.
November 26, 2016
Only Scorsese could make lovable degenerates so damn likable and compelling.
½ November 23, 2016
One of them films you watch and think "why have I never watched this before". This is my mums favourite film and it's easy to see why. Amazing.
November 14, 2016
Adapted from Nicolas Pileggi's best-selling novel "Wiseguy: Life in a Mafia Family," "GoodFellas" is an extraordinary film about organized crime that has become an important piece of cinematography history. "GoodFellas" is about the true-life account of mobster and FBI informant Henry Hill. The movie begins with a young boy working for some "wise guys" in his neighborhood who eventually teach him the ropes of the mafia as he grows up and is eventually welcomed into the family.

This is Martin Scorsese at the peak of his career. He utilizes many techniques that have become his signature like freeze frames, fast cutting, and long tracking shots. That being said, Scorsese's best move was with the all-star casting; including incredible performances by Ray Liotta and Robert DeNiro. It is the extremely over-the-top performance by Joe Pesci that really makes "GoodFellas" thrilling and unpredictable.

"GoodFellas" became an instant classic because of its ruthlessness, violence, and intriguing exploration into the crime-filled adventures of a popular American mob family. "GoodFellas" is so great, it won six Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director, and it won Pesci the Best Actor in a Supporting Role. It also consistently ranks extremely high on lists like "Greatest Films of All Time."
½ November 13, 2016
Very well made, though I had a hard time finding anything sympathetic characters. I mean, thank god since everyone in this is a goddamn sociopath. Noticed a lot of continuity errors. Not sure if this was an intentional style choice based on the fast pacing or if these were genuine errors. The VO didn't bug me as much as other movies do. Hard not to compare it to Godfather or Sopranos, and it's just not as good.
November 3, 2016
Favorite mob movie ever made.
October 28, 2016
My favorite crime/mob movie. Liotta, De Niro, and Pesci give performances that sell and make us listen to every second of the movie.
October 28, 2016
Scorseses gangstersuccé visar hans bästa sida inom genren. Härlig storyline och rappkäftade repliker. En av de allra bästa!