After Hours - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

After Hours Reviews

½ February 5, 2013
I love how Scorsese shoots his pictures. Weird movie but very interesting!
½ January 14, 2013
A criminally underrated offbeat Scorsese gem from the 80's. This masterpiece of dark comedy provides laughter for a moment and leaves you feeling disturbed the next. To get the full experience, this one must be watched around midnight.
½ January 6, 2013
Martin Scorsese's After Hours is yet another awesome film. Its a huge rush of a black comedy that hits you in the sweet spot. It will have you on your feet when problem after problem occurs and then connects to each other in a crazy diamond effect way. Everything about this movie is done right and it has one of the most twisted plots i've ever seen.

There is nothing Scorsese can't do. He does gangster, boxing, drama, comedy, and even friggan musicals. But this has to be his best comedy (I've seen).
January 1, 2013
Griffin Dunn with his acting manages to keep anxiety all the time, without making it overhelming. A movie that you want to see when you think that it's not possible that everything always happens to you!
½ December 15, 2012
A movie about my nightmares.
December 15, 2012
First saw this film as a VHS(!) rental around the time I graduated high school, possibly at an all-night New Year's Event party. It's so off-kilter and darkly comic. Have always liked the story of an average guy's tale of one bizarre evening in Soho.
December 8, 2012
Yet not the best of Scorsese, but extremely ludicrous.
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
December 5, 2012
Easily my favourite Scorsese film after Taxi Driver, A fun nightmarish ride that never goes overboard, Griffin Dunne is perfect as the main character
½ December 3, 2012
It might be the strangest movie in Scorsese's oeuvre, but it is most certainly a gem and an overlooked classic.
November 17, 2012
Not bad...Not Great. This is another 80's movie that I never saw until now. It's funny at times and I guess has a small mystery going. Griffin Dunne really rocked the UniBrow back in the day. Maybe it was left over from American Werewolf in London. :)
November 3, 2012
I hadn' t ever watched it. It became one of Scorsese's best for me!! The unluckiest man in cinema history takes place here!
½ October 24, 2012
Street Pickup: "Why don't you just go home?"

Paul Hackett: "Pal, I've been asking myself that all night."
½ October 23, 2012
I saw this on TV when cable was new and HBO required a special brown adapter. It's brilliant! I now live in NY and I think it's because of this movie. The dialog with the doorman at the punk club is from Kafka's The Trial.
October 17, 2012
surprised to see this is from scorsese. very fun movie.
October 11, 2012
Absolutamente Hilário
September 26, 2012
I'm sure we've all had nights like this
½ September 26, 2012
One of the most peculiar movies I've ever seen. Started to feel like Paul Hackett myself as the time ticked off the clock. I can't really explain this movie, so see it yourself and embrace the weirdness.
½ September 24, 2012
This is why your mom always told you nothing good ever happens after 11pm. One of Scorsese's overlooked films.
September 1, 2012
because the first director that interested in this project was Tim Burton