True Colors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

True Colors Reviews

½ December 15, 2015
I shall say, betrayal could well be of human nature.
August 27, 2015
Fair enough, but wasn't really interested of its American politics backdrop.
May 16, 2015
Give and take between two upcoming young actors is worth the time to watch
½ December 7, 2014
Rather trite, but entertaining.
June 4, 2014
Though I like James Spader as an actor..this one didn't do it for me.
May 24, 2014
wow ummmm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that richard widmark (.R.I.P.), mandy patinkin (from the brilliant tv series homeland), imogen stubbs, james spader, john cusack play good roles/parts throguhout this movie....i think that the director of this drama movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch........i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch........its got good fight scenes throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch......i think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch......i think that both john cusack/james spader were brilliant throughout this movie as the 2 lead roles throughout this movie........i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch.......i think that Brad Sullivan (.R.I.P.), was good throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie it is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch its such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie its such a powerful drama movie 2 watch.......its got good fight scenes throughout this movie.......i think that this is an enjoyable drama movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie........
April 19, 2013
John Cusack steals the show in this and plays the scummy backstabbing friend brilliantly in this early 90s political drama. James Spader sorta stays alittle in the background here,playing second fiddle which is sorta disappointing but works out well enough.
All in all a decent watch only if you're a hardcore political junkie but if you aren't... it might rub you the wrong way.
February 8, 2012
This movie was ayte. Its watchable. I really liked John Cusack in this role doh, id love 2 see him do more like it.
½ November 21, 2011
The genre is not really my cuppa, but I was impressed with John Cusack in this one.
October 14, 2011
true colors was fine good
September 8, 2011
½ April 22, 2011
This movie has three of my favourite actors: Cusack, Spader, and Widmark. But I only got to see the second half of it on TV one day. It's full of political stuff I don't understand and don't care for, but like I said, I didn't get to see the whole of it. From what I saw it's not that good, but I did like seeing three of my favourite stars in a movie together.
November 19, 2010
October 29, 2010
considering that my two husbands are in this... it sucks that it sucks
October 26, 2010
Interesting to see John Cusack as a bad guy.
½ May 16, 2010
Sorry point form Three main elements,too good to criticise.

Scanal and excitment

Politics and law school, who's ride is it really y'know - democracy.

The character drama and the importance pf common faces between the academic people, in the eyes of controversy over this subject

Its very clever and incitefull, an adult film or the making of one adult at a time.
½ May 11, 2010
the story of bestfriends who made their way to politics. its my first time to see the role of cusack as the antagonist, spader was the guy on the moral side of the film. both actors were good, cusack was the lonely guy, nobody should be blame for what he stands, he was corrupted in his youth. i admire spader for being so defiant, two opposing force that stands until the end of their disputes. the wine bet it at last scene is pretty up-heaving.
LWOODS04
April 23, 2010
John Cusack, James Spader, Imogen Stubbs, Mandy Patinkin, Richard Widmark

DIRECTED BY: Herbert Ross

Best friends from law school to election night, their friendship is sorely tested when one learns of another's betrayal.

It was a good movie with great performances from Cusack and Spader. At times I found myself thinking that the roles should be switched around. So use to seeing Spader playing the -excuse the language- asshole, and Cusack playing the good guy. But in the end it worked. It got a little boring at times and seemed to drag a bit in the middle, but the ending was where it got really interesting. Especially the play-out of there friendship. So it's well worth the watch. Or you can watch it for the simple fact that I did. I am a fan of both the leads and it was good seeing them in a movie together.
March 2, 2010
Great suspenseful performances from both Cusack and Spader. You can tell this was a ground breaking for Cusack from his usual teen movies.
This story is nothing we have not seen before, but it really points out how far one would go into politics to make a difference.
I have always admired Spader performances as an actor, and he had done a good job with his character.
Two thumbs up for these actors.