The Secret Garden - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Secret Garden Reviews

December 1, 2007
so good. the only partially black and white movie you can convince me to watch
½ November 3, 2007
ok, new one is better
October 20, 2007
I loved this movie..
September 29, 2007
beautiful, classic movie. This was the perfect version
September 8, 2007
Wow! What a perfect version of the story. (and Martha is pretty good too...not as good as ME maybe...) ;)
½ September 7, 2007
Margaret O'Brien was adorable in 'Meet Me In St. Louis', but everything she did after that was sort of an awkward fit. However, the role of Mary Lennox is meant for an awkward looking little girl with a bratty attitude, basically it was meant for her to play.

This was one of my favorite books when I was a child and this is a very faithful adaptation. It may be a bit short and thus we don't get a completely accurate look at Mary's transformation, but the film overall is a charming story of resentment, guilt and the change that needs to come.

The only part that really frustrates me is the blantant ripping off of 'The Wizard of Oz' with the black and white to colour transformation. If you are going to copy another film, maybe it shouldn't be so blatant and maybe it shouldn't be one of the best films ever made.
August 15, 2007
a fantastic movie!!!!
August 5, 2007
i despise this little cuz forced me 2 watch this 20 times
July 28, 2007
Best Movie ever. A must see for hopeless romantics, or lovers of children's classics.
½ July 11, 2007
how can you not like this movie
July 11, 2007
None of the remakes of this movie have compared to this original movie. I saw this when I was a young girl and can still watch it over and over again.
July 5, 2007
I love this movie!!!!It's so good!!!!
July 4, 2007
o filme preferido dos meus primeiros 10 anos de vida. lindo.
½ June 25, 2007
saw by chance on TCM, but liked it.
June 12, 2007
Great movie, i especially love the temper tantrum competition between Mary and Colin! best scene in the movie! I also had such a crush on Dickon when I was a child, I just thought him so sweet and handsome.