Oscar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oscar Reviews

½ December 11, 2017
I am not a fan of comedy, but this is one I could watch over and over. I don't know what it is about this movie, but it is one of my all time favorite, the critics have never been more wrong.

Has perhaps the best ending lines in any movie. A must watch.
October 15, 2017
I like this movie. the pace is good, the farce is captivating and Stallone is very good. I have no idea what the critics were watching, but then I hate Bladerunner 2049 so what do I know.
September 22, 2017
Don't take you eyes off of the black bag. :)
August 7, 2017
This still is a great comedy!
July 25, 2017
I love this movie, it's hilarious! I've watched it about 5 times now and have to say the cast was very, very talented.
½ July 24, 2017
This "comedy of errors" style movie reminds much of Oscar Wilde's style of comedy, the title might be a hint. Sly isn't the best comedian, however it is entertaining enough and delivers quite a few genuine laughs with the always charming and funny Marisa Tomei and the great Tim Curry. Good enough for a rainy sunday afternoon.
March 12, 2017
I love this movie and cast. East character is superbly acted and unique. The movie is rife with memorable lines that you will be quoting later. Sly does an excellent job and his comedic timing is quite good. Tim Curry is great as Mr. Pool. Many say this movie was terrible, but that being the case, I have found it quite enjoyable. If you haven't seen it, give it a watch.
March 5, 2017
A true light comedy and caricature of the gangster movies of the 30's, 40's and 50's. With a ridiculous cast!
March 2, 2017
This comedy is up there with Airplane and Police Squad. It's intended to be ridiculous, which is why most "serious" critics hate it, but if you want to have a good laugh out of nonsense, you'll like this flick.
½ January 25, 2017
Funny, Crazy, Classic and FUN!!!
January 13, 2017
Great movie very funny!
December 18, 2016
My favorite movie of all time. The quick witted humor, way placed historical cues and lingo and wonderful linguistic hits. For an English teacher and an amateur historian this is a real treat and an underappreciated gem of cinematic comedy gold that is probably just too smart for the critics. Anyone that can't appreciate this is maladroit.
November 29, 2016
Funny film. Tim Curry runs away with it though. A Must-watch film that should be on Blu-ray.
November 23, 2016
This movie is hilarious!
October 11, 2016
I loved this movie so much i named a cat Oscar not as joke love this move.
August 3, 2016
The movie kinda drags but has a lot of solid laughs.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
I must admit I wasn't over keen on watching this after some poor reviews and the fact that it's a comedy film with Stallone but I must say I enjoyed it more than I should have, After a slow start the film kicks in with a story that leads into another story and another etc that are all interfering with Stallones day, It's not a laugh out loud comedy more of a gangsta family problem comedy, Stallone does well in his part and carries the film, As for the name of the film well he's not in it till the end and I don't know why they landed on Oscar as the title, It's clever and confusing in places, It's not as bad as you might think.
½ July 10, 2016
A fun, twisty, and overall well played out comedy that doesn't deserve the hate it's been getting. Stallone, by the way, was actually quite good!
May 22, 2016
This was funny. If you are unfamiliar with this type of performance - quick change - flip from one incident to the next, you won't enjoy it. Stallone was great as head of a crew of not terribly bright mobsters. He is believable as head of the family and the interaction between him and Tome is great.