Stone Cold - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stone Cold Reviews

½ August 1, 2016
Great opening and closing scenes, but otherwise not as good as I remembered.
June 9, 2016
Classic early '90s action film, Craig R. Baxley clearly refused to accept that the '80s were over when making this underrated gem. Absolute quality OTT violence and stunts, cracking performances from The Boz, Lance Henriksen and William Forsythe. LOVE IT!
February 12, 2016
A very stereotypical 90's movie action movie with Brian Bosworth as the star. Cop goes undercover to stop a biker gang led by Lance Henriksen.
November 10, 2015
Love this movie still one of my favorites to this day. Own and a great go to movie if wanting to watch an action film. Good job to Brian Bosworth for being his first film.
½ March 9, 2015
Only movies I ever saw in a theater that was so bad I asked for a refund
November 5, 2014
Wish I'd had this when I was young.
September 21, 2014
Should've seen it a long time ago...
December 10, 2013
One of the toughest biker movies I've ever seen!
November 20, 2013
A surprisingly entertaining action movie! Sure it is your typical undercover cop story but the addition of the Biker Gang sub-culture, Lance Henrickson and William Forsythe as villains and a pretty high budget finale make this worth watching.
July 9, 2013
Don't buy the hype from those who criticized this movie without watching it - Those "critics" will like for nothing better than to watch non-stop episodes of various LIFETIME channel programming - If you enjoy watching action movies, Stone Cold is a must see - It's a rare find where the bad guys win....most action films fall short in this category, where predictable HOLLYWOOD endings have now become the norm - The story is simple, stunts are first rate, acting is good, and the plot twists are fun
½ May 4, 2013
I didn't know much about Bosworth until seeing this, after watching I'm surprised he hasn't made more action films (that were as popular) because this was pretty darn good.
I loved the whole cheesy violent biker scene thing going on here, the terrible outfits, earrings and haircuts and the hammy dialog that accompanies all the fist fights and face offs. The film reminded me of Charlie Sheen flick 'Fixing the Shadow'.

I also loved how the women just wonder around in skimpy leather outfits like trophies for the bikers hehe this was a totally 80's action flick made in the early 90's. I like how Bosworth was used for this, Sly, Arnie or Dolph could of done this easy and it would of been great but a new face gives it a sense of originality, plus Bosworth has a nice humorous side which plays well at the start.
I was actually surprised at how violent this got from the half way mark, Henriksen killing loads of people as crunch time comes close. Its a shame the ending action sequence gets way too silly even for this over the top muscle fest (I also noticed some stunts that Mr Cameron may have pinched for 'T2' or vice versa seeing as they are both 1991), hell of a ride.
½ April 19, 2013
This is they best early 90s low budget action movie ever!!!!! This is my whole review....you need to watch it for yourself if you don't believe me!!!! Entertaining as hell and action packed in just about every scene...this movies a winner all the way through. Its a damn shame Brian Bosworth wasn't as big an action star as Jason Statham is today,because he's just that good. William Forsythe is the best side character scumbag in film history and Lance Hendiksen always plays it classy like a pro.
Even if you're a snooty nose in the air left winger who doesn't like ass kicking action movies, you should do yourself a favor and get yourself some stone cold to see how action is done right.
April 9, 2013
"He's gonna be the Brando of the 90's." So delusional and hyperbolic was (his Agent) Gary Wichard's sumnation of Brian Bosworth's skills that it made Wet Wet Wet's manager's boast that Marti Pellow was a better singer than Otis Redding seem relatively understated. "The Boz" was an ex-Gridiron star famed more for his wild hair and persona than his on-field talents when he made his foray into movies with this actioner about an excessively violent cop (we love 'em) infiltrating a deadly biker gang. It is fun exploitation fare that benefits from the menacing baddie presence of not only Lance Henriksen (as biker boss 'Chains Cooper' - stop sniggering at the back) but also Bill Forsythe as his right hand man. As for the 'nineties Brando', he made a few sporadic actioners throughout the next decade that I recall lining the shelves of Annan's Blockbuster Video. One of them was wonderfully titled 'One Tough Bastard' and had MC Hammer as a baddie. How I wish I could locate that one.
March 22, 2013
It's a pretty fun movie, and you got Lance Henriksen, who's an amazing underrated actor, great as a bad guy! Definitely the best biker movie (although I dont know of many), but this movie has a lot of cheese, and a lot of badassery. Also it has a lot of people from different movies that just fit the parts as bikers. Sure Bosworth wasn't great, but everything around him was. SO many of times, the least interesting character is the main protagonist himself. We'll root for them just because they want to carry out justice. The bad people are what makes the movie interesting.
February 21, 2013
Great Movie. I read Brian's Book. Go Seahawks! : )
½ September 18, 2012
If bad dialogue, bad action, bad haircuts and bad clothes are your forte...then this bad boy Brian Bosworth adventure must be your pièce de résistance.
June 5, 2012
Bosworth is like a retarded Dolph Lundgren, William Forsythe, Sam McMurray
and Lance Henricksen add some class to this vintage OTT action flick
½ May 19, 2012
Yes, Lance Henriksen 'steals' the show, by playing the exact same god damned role he's been playing from day one. And 'Boz' the biker ranks right down there with Patrick Swayze the bouncer.
April 10, 2012
This movie wasn't that bad. Lots of action. Check it out.
March 21, 2012
Brian Bosworth is a horrible actor. Here, he's perfect for the role. The bad one liners. The explosions. The bullets. The mullet. One of the most over-the top action finales ever. Not a good movie, but worth seeing for laughs.