Stone Cold - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stone Cold Reviews

½ August 9, 2010
I didn't know much about Bosworth until seeing this, after watching I'm surprised he hasn't made more action films (that were as popular) because this was pretty darn good.
I loved the whole cheesy violent biker scene thing going on here, the terrible outfits, earrings and haircuts and the hammy dialog that accompanies all the fist fights and face offs. The film reminded me of Charlie Sheen flick 'Fixing the Shadow'.

I also loved how the women just wonder around in skimpy leather outfits like trophies for the bikers hehe this was a totally 80's action flick made in the early 90's. I like how Bosworth was used for this, Sly, Arnie or Dolph could of done this easy and it would of been great but a new face gives it a sense of originality, plus Bosworth has a nice humorous side which plays well at the start.
I was actually surprised at how violent this got from the half way mark, Henriksen killing loads of people as crunch time comes close. Its a shame the ending action sequence gets way too silly even for this over the top muscle fest (I also noticed some stunts that Mr Cameron may have pinched for 'T2' or vice versa seeing as they are both 1991), hell of a ride.
deano
½ December 14, 2006
The Boz is personable enough but interest is only kept alive by Lance Henriksen's great villain and a couple of neat, loud and violent action scenes.
February 5, 2010
'sother hidden gem that is also like finding a needle in a haystack. I finally got a hold of a copy that was only in my old and dusty vhs collection. One of the best early 90's action flicks. If they had a place for me to go online and vote for who i thought was one of the top 10 villains of film of all time, i tell ya this flick contains two of em. I simply love Lance Henriksen to death and anytime he pops up on the big screen as a villain i get goosebumps. Another is the always great but highly underrated William Forsythe. Brian Bosworth plays undercover F.B.I. agent Joe Huff. Who is sent way under to infiltrate a chapter of the motorcycle gang The Brotherhood. This chapter is run by Chains (Lance Henriksen) and his second in command Ice ( William Forsythe) Due to the recent capture of one of their main captains have decided to place an assassination attempt on the town mayor. Its up to Joe to stop them before its too late. Forsythe and Henriksen play outlaw bikers so well you would think they were them. An awesome thrill ride that starts of from the get go and never slows down till the ending credits role.
January 31, 2007
The greatest biker film of all time. Easy Rider could've learned something from this film. I LOVE IT!
November 20, 2013
A surprisingly entertaining action movie! Sure it is your typical undercover cop story but the addition of the Biker Gang sub-culture, Lance Henrickson and William Forsythe as villains and a pretty high budget finale make this worth watching.
July 3, 2013
Don't buy the hype from those who criticized this movie without watching it - Those "critics" will like for nothing better than to watch non-stop episodes of various LIFETIME channel programming - If you enjoy watching action movies, Stone Cold is a must see - It's a rare find where the bad guys win....most action films fall short in this category, where predictable HOLLYWOOD endings have now become the norm - The story is simple, stunts are first rate, acting is good, and the plot twists are fun
½ May 18, 2012
Yes, Lance Henriksen 'steals' the show, by playing the exact same god damned role he's been playing from day one. And 'Boz' the biker ranks right down there with Patrick Swayze the bouncer.
March 21, 2012
Brian Bosworth is a horrible actor. Here, he's perfect for the role. The bad one liners. The explosions. The bullets. The mullet. One of the most over-the top action finales ever. Not a good movie, but worth seeing for laughs.
½ March 11, 2012
its not a great movie but I sure liked it a lot for what it is and Lance Henriksen is very good but he always is to me.
August 31, 2009
Joe Huff (Brian Bosworth), an Alabama cop who is suspended for using excessive force on the field, is blackmailed by his superiors to go undercover as John Stone to bring down "The Brotherhood", an infamous biker group linked to dozens of murders with Chains Cooper (Lance Henriksen) at the head of it all.

Former Seatle Seahawks linebacker Brian Bosworth's debut film and the only one that held any interest to me. I believe Bosworth could have been a great nineties action star like Jean-Claude Van Damme, surpassing Steve Seagal, but like his football career, it failed. It's a shame because Stone Cold is one hell of a ride through the gritty streets of Mississippi. The film introduces us to an array of disposable bodies that seem to be generously offered to us at every corner. Bosworth pulls off that tough-guy routine to the letter, even sporting his "Bam-Bam" mullet that doesn't seem to mess up. Lance Henriksen and William Forsythe play one of their best roles as Chains and Ice, leaders of "The Brotherhood". The dialogue can get kind of cheesy, but the early-ninties were known for that sort of thing, so we won't be too hard on them. Tom Magee, former World Powerlifting Champion, makes a cameo as Stone's initiation opponent into the biker club. I wish they would bring back biker films like this one, but I guess the best is in the past.

Stone Cold is the kind of film that was ahead of it's time and is a lot better than the majority of action films that seem to surface nowadays. At least Bosworth can be proud he was a part of this film.
June 29, 2010
This movie by no stretch of the imagination qualifies as good. However this movie is the reason that I love action movies. Any movie that starts off with the hero saying, after kicking plenty of ass of course, "Clean up on aisle 4" is automatically a classic in my book. Come on a motorcycle flying into a helicopter... Hell yes! This is a must watch for those action movie junkies in all of us.
½ April 2, 2010
Stone Cold wasn't so cold...It was actually a "C" rated movie. Sorry folks, but wrestlers and ex-football players are really bad actors..."
½ February 14, 2009
Perhaps the epitome of the perfect bad action movie, right next to Commando. This classic stars the Boz as Joe Huff, a tough cop who is hired by the FBI to infiltrate the Brotherhood, a dangerous biker gang headed by Chains (Lance Hendriksen, in one of his best roles). 'Stone Cold' has it all: big guns, explosions, bodies flying everywhere in weird contortions after they get shot, bikes, komodo dragon pets, gratuitous shots of boobies all over the place, the Boz in an Olivia Newton John work-out getup a la Physical, rhinestone biker jackets, Paco from Bloodsport, glistening Boz pecs, bikers shooting beer cans off their heads and shoulders, William Forsythe's stuffed corpse getting torched in a funeral pyre, and last but not least... The mullets! I can only hope that, when I grow up, I have a mullet as sweet as the Boz in this. And it's not just him- it seemed like everyone in this movie had mullets! Priceless.
Anyways, 'Stone Cold' really is, in all honesty, one of the greatest bad movies ever made. The sheer stupidity and overblown action set pieces rank this up there with 'Invasion USA' or any of the Cannon film classics. In fact, I was surprised that this wasn't a Cannon film, because I sure felt like I was watching one. Joe Huff is god. Recommended for all bad movie buffs.
April 18, 2008
The B-actioner all B-actioners should aspire to. Stupidly perfect for what it sets out to do. Best viewed with a fridge full of beer, 3 hot dogs, and your least reputable friend.
January 31, 2008
Generally dull action thriller, but Henriksen is terrific. "I remember the last thing my father said to me- 'Don't, son, that thing's loaded!'"
October 11, 2007
This is the ULTIMATE action film. The Boz should've been casted in more roles like this film. Also, Lance Henriksen could be the most badass person in the world. Great film with some of the best lines ever. Watch it.
June 21, 2007
The Bos, is true badass in this movie and Henriksen / Forsythe make this great for biker fans.
Bikes, Guns, explosions, hot women, great actors, nothing missing from this movie.
June 13, 2007
There's a scene in which a motorcycle flies out a window, crashes into a helicopter, which then explodes, crashing into some cars and exploding some more. What more do you need to know?
March 14, 2007
I loved this movie it was filmed in my state capitol too. I love it cuz he plays such a good part and shows how he takes justice into his own hands LOVE IT!!!!!