Come and See (Idi i smotri) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Come and See (Idi i smotri) Reviews

September 5, 2017
Best war movie ever made, but it is a bit disturbing to watch
July 27, 2017
i thought i had seen realism and nostalgia in War movies, and i thought i had seen tragedy well this masterpiece proved me wrong and to think its based in real events just gives me tears. powerful and horrifying to see but you still feel the need to go and see it
June 12, 2017
The most realistic war film I have ever seen in my life.
May 30, 2017
Without a doubt, the most powerful and emotional war film ever made, Also, the depiction in the film of the disgusting, vile Nazi mobile killing squad was so very very accurate. I have watch the film 3 times now but on the third occasion i had become so emotionally attached to the lead actor i will not be able to stomach it again for a while. Absolutely brilliant-no other war film compares. Everybody should watch it. I have read a tremendous amount about the Holocaust, some books so powerful i have had to leave them for a few days before continuing. Thank Buddha´s that the Russians managed to win at Stalingrad. What state this insane planet would be in now had they not does not bear thinking about. Thank you to anybody who has read thIs.
½ May 6, 2017
One of the best foreign language films I've ever seen, I rarely give movies a rating of 4 and a half stars and above. It was Atmospheric, Incredible Acting, And Extremely realistic. Never expected it to be so good and that Ending was one of the best endings I have ever seen in a movie.
½ April 13, 2017
Sound design and surrealism set it a part from other war films. Appropriately horrifying, but the revenge ending feels like propaganda.
March 27, 2017
Extremely powerful, disturbing, and will never leave my mind. This is one of the best movies I have ever seen and I never want to see it again.
January 27, 2017
A rare war film that shows the horrors and not the glory. Infuriating, stomach-churning, and artistic.
January 17, 2017
At least, as good as Apocalypse Now ...maybe the best war movie ever made.
January 4, 2017
Truly tragic on so many fronts. I have friends whose parents or grandparents fought the Germans in Russia, according to them this movie is accurate. They fled to the U.S at the start of the cold war and had no love for Soviet-style movies but had seen a few this being one of them. Personally, the Germans (full disclosure I'm 60% German 40% Scandinavian) suffered far less than they would have if I'd been in charge. It's the same for the Russians in Germany rapes in the 100's of thousands or my own nation America whose soldiers were not above raping women, children. I think they all should done away with, Slowly.
December 25, 2016
Impeccably depicted.
½ December 8, 2016
A film you only need to watch once and will forever carry with you. Not easy to sit through but completely worth the heartbreak.
November 30, 2016
A war epic that depicts the barbarity of humanity so ghastly, the images haunt and linger like ghosts of the butchery.
½ October 29, 2016
Great movie. Darkest War movie I've ever seen. The acting was great, the story was great, the cinematography was great. The only problem I had was that the movie was too long. I fell asleep and had to finish the rest. But, it does wonders with its length. I do wish I watched a better dubbed version though.
August 28, 2016
One of the most realistic and deeply moving war movies I have ever seen!
August 9, 2016
A teenage boy's bleak-as-pitch odyssey through war-torn Belarus is named after a verse from the book of Revelation which, while too long to quote in full, can be paraphrased in this context as, "Don't come expecting a Nora Ephron rom-com." Biplanes circle like buzzards above, corpses are piled like firewood against buildings, while Nazi death squads scour the countryside with bug-eyed glee. It's a journey that carriers the viewer to hell and leaves us there. Nothing, before or since, has captured the psychological carnage of war like the final shot of the boy's face, now hollow-eyed, lined and aged. Under-seen but riding high on critics' and filmmakers' lists, this is the Russian Apocalypse Now, a dizzying, terrifying portrayal of brutality and genocide during the Nazis' scorched-earth campaign through Belorussia
July 30, 2016
a nightmare of a film, not in the sense that you will go to bed with, but in the sense of realising just how man kills man, and the atrocities that one can never forget. One of the best war films i have ever seen.
May 14, 2016
Ever wondered how Hell looks like? Just watch this hyperrealistic cinematographic masterpiece: it will describe it with just enough detail.
½ May 13, 2016
This is probably the most memorable war movie I've ever seen. It's scenes are so gruesome, yet, sometimes, beautiful. It has a lot of messages in it that I love, although I think the Russian partisans are glorified a little too much.
May 9, 2016
Tremendously powerful war drama. One of the finest I've seen.