Shattered - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shattered Reviews

½ October 3, 2014
Plot isn't bad, but Tom Berenger can't act his way out of a paper bag. However, I watched it for Bob Hoskins, who is always worth watching.
November 6, 2013
Berenger and Hoskins do an excellent job in this thriller with the most amazing intricacies. No, you're not even close on guessing the chilling truth, or how it's all going to end...
September 16, 2013
Watched it a long time ago but remember that it was a good movie!
½ July 21, 2013
Although some aspects of the plot do require substantial suspension of disbelief, I found this to be gripping from start to finish, throwing as many red herrings as it can at the audience to deter them from its simultaneously excellent and implausible plot twist. Definitely worth watching and probably more than once.
½ July 6, 2013
Amnesia, Flashbacks & A Shocking Discovery--Neo-Noir ala Petersen!!
July 4, 2013
I saw many, many years ago and I loved it. I would love to find it on DVD so I could watch it again.
½ May 13, 2013
I liked it. Sure, it's a bit far fetched, but I never saw the ending coming. It's a fun movie and I'd love to findit in a five dollar bin somewhere.
½ March 18, 2013
Twisting plot with typical plot cliche like amnesia, plastic surgery, characters coming back from dead, cars driving off cliffs, and about every homage to Hitchcock you can squeeze into one film.
November 27, 2012
Not sure why all the hate for this movie, it was well done, well acted and the twist was pretty original. Im great at predicting movie endings and this one caught me by surprise for some reason.
October 26, 2012
Despite some overly silly moments and a thin layer of residual 80's cheese permeating proceedings Wolfgang Peterson's clever script and tight direction will keep you guessing until the very end. And what a twist.
October 18, 2012
Awesome edge of your seat movie
September 29, 2012
Old School Mystery & Suspense... Good Flick!
½ August 30, 2012
Thursday, August 30, 2012

(1991) Shattered
MYSTERY THRILLER

Based on a novel by Richard Neely with a screenplay by Wolfgang Peterson who was also directed the film starts off with a serious car crash accident with both parties surviving with one more serious than the other since the wife fell out of the vehicle while the husband stayed in. And while in hospital, his face has to be recontructed back together and he is Dan played by Tom Berenger, and while recouperating his wife Judith played by Greta Scacchi makes attempts to recount his lost memory regarding the accident since he gotten some amnesia /memory loss. And while at home, he accidently stumbles onto some pictures of his wife having an illicit affair with some stranger unoblivious who the person is and meets former associates to piece a part of his past together which includes Corbin Berstein as Jeb Scott a co-partner of a multi million dollar project and his wife played by Johanne Whalley Kilmer and Bob Hoskins as the P.I. Gus. The erotic scenes are at times distracting which lacks suspense ending the film with a twist that can't be seen a mile away since upon writing this review, this is my second viewing after many years.

3 out of 4
May 23, 2012
If it wasn't for the cast, especially Tom Berenger and Bob Hoskins, it could be bad. They carry the movie very nicely. Plus, the forgotten beauty Greta Scacchi - can't go wrong with her!
May 20, 2012
Decent attempt at creating a Hitchockian thriller, but it's still a far cry from "Vertigo" or the other Hictchcock classics it's trying to recreate. Gorgeous photography, solid cast, decent score and stylish direction make it an overall well crafted film. The main weakness is the rather preposterous twist ending and the other equally implausible contrivances that happen along the way. Bob Hoskins is a standout as a private detective/pet store owner who helps out Berenger.
January 8, 2012
what one does to be with the man they love again. you will like it.
October 22, 2011
Excellent Hitchcockian thriller!
October 21, 2011
Hitchcock inspired tale of amnesia has Berenger trying to piece his memory and his life together after a really bad auto accident ... "and what about that dead body over there, who's that?" Wolfgang Peterson penned and directed this trifle bit of escapism.
½ September 10, 2011
Suspense right to the end.