Deceived Reviews

• Apr 20, 2019

This movie was way too formulatic for me to enjoy, its a very standard thriller by the numbers, that basically doesn't feature anything new or surprising and is one that is like hundred of other genres movies, especially like those made around the same period. Its not like this movie is completely horrible or anything but for a genre piece it isn't anything special. So for this being a solid 90' s movie, I give " Deceived " a C.

• Jul 09, 2018

we were deceived into thinking this was a good movie.

we were deceived into thinking this was a good movie.

• Apr 17, 2016

Suspenseful and thrilling, Deceived is an underrated early '90s gem that offers a refreshing gear-shifting performance from Goldie Hawn and an engaging narrative that keeps you entertained.

• Mar 21, 2016

Whenever people heard of this movie they just got really bored by it. It does get boring in parts, it does have Goldie Hawn in it and that's not saying much. I mean I know I watched alot of sxxt but when there is a movie that I'm watching, that one just scared the sxxt out of me. Even the murdering of the old man is not nice and the scene where if you look closer you can see the eye getting closer when someone is ready to kill a woman, that just scares the fxxking sxxt out of me, also when Goldie Hawn wakes up by opening her eyes that scares me as well.The chase scene at the end is decent, nothing too scary about it. If you're walking on your own in the dark you would be able to get home, get straight to bed and have a nice hours sleep just like me staying outside in my Grandma and Granddad's house where I can just sing songs, running around and go hide and seeking. But for this movie, it just didn't appeal to me that much, I just found it a decent watch. Nothing too special about it, just scary scenes that are threatening. I'm surprised that my mum hasn't seen it with Goldie hawn in it but if you're fan of Goldie Hawn this is for you if not you can probably skip it.

• Sep 02, 2015

Very by the numbers that has a eerie enough tone to keep your interest

Very by the numbers that has a eerie enough tone to keep your interest

• Aug 23, 2015

WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....

• Apr 01, 2015

Goldie's chops just are not up to it.

Goldie's chops just are not up to it.

• Aug 06, 2014

There may be a decent thriller buried somewhere in "Deceived", but I was too numbed by the blandness of it all to notice. It feels more like a Lifetime movie of the week than something people would spend money on in a theater. despite the fact that it starts off strongly and pulls you into the story. Frankly, however, it's all downhill from there. The direction by British filmmaker Damian Harris is dreamlike but dull to look at, and all of the thriller elements are saved until the final ten minutes. We get a preview of that earlier with the predictable scenes of strangers in the house and windows being propped open, but they're not very effective mainly because we don't know at that point that the John Heard character is still alive. And speaking of Heard, he's completely ineffectual; as a villain mostly because there's nothing all that menacing about an art dealer trying to retrieve a valuable necklace. Still, the largest chunk of the blame for the film's rampant mediocrity goes to star Goldie Hawn. I can understand her wanting to branch out from her kooky comedies and that her character is supposed to be traumatized by these events, but that's no excuse for her to sleepwalk through her performance here. And when she does finally show some backbone at the end, it's clearly too late to save the film. "Deceived" isn't so much a bad film as it is simply a routine and forgettable one. There's little here to sustain your interest throughout the entire running time.

• Jun 16, 2014

Seeing Goldie Hawn in a thriller is terrifying enough anyway

Seeing Goldie Hawn in a thriller is terrifying enough anyway

• May 30, 2013

Deceived rests totally on the weight of Goldie Hawn's shoulders and she delivers. There are numerous plot holes in the movie, but Hawn works very well with what she has, and shows that she can more than handle serious drama. John Heard does seem miscast, as he goes from charming to psychotic without ever really establishing what makes his character tick, and why he has done what he did. All in all, a decent movie.