Deceived - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deceived Reviews

April 17, 2016
Suspenseful and thrilling, Deceived is an underrated early '90s gem that offers a refreshing gear-shifting performance from Goldie Hawn and an engaging narrative that keeps you entertained.
March 21, 2016
Whenever people heard of this movie they just got really bored by it. It does get boring in parts, it does have Goldie Hawn in it and that's not saying much. I mean I know I watched alot of sxxt but when there is a movie that I'm watching, that one just scared the sxxt out of me. Even the murdering of the old man is not nice and the scene where if you look closer you can see the eye getting closer when someone is ready to kill a woman, that just scares the fxxking sxxt out of me, also when Goldie Hawn wakes up by opening her eyes that scares me as well.The chase scene at the end is decent, nothing too scary about it. If you're walking on your own in the dark you would be able to get home, get straight to bed and have a nice hours sleep just like me staying outside in my Grandma and Granddad's house where I can just sing songs, running around and go hide and seeking. But for this movie, it just didn't appeal to me that much, I just found it a decent watch. Nothing too special about it, just scary scenes that are threatening. I'm surprised that my mum hasn't seen it with Goldie hawn in it but if you're fan of Goldie Hawn this is for you if not you can probably skip it.
September 2, 2015
Very by the numbers that has a eerie enough tone to keep your interest
August 23, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
½ April 1, 2015
Goldie's chops just are not up to it.
August 6, 2014
There may be a decent thriller buried somewhere in "Deceived", but I was too numbed by the blandness of it all to notice. It feels more like a Lifetime movie of the week than something people would spend money on in a theater. despite the fact that it starts off strongly and pulls you into the story.

Frankly, however, it's all downhill from there. The direction by British filmmaker Damian Harris is dreamlike but dull to look at, and all of the thriller elements are saved until the final ten minutes. We get a preview of that earlier with the predictable scenes of strangers in the house and windows being propped open, but they're not very effective mainly because we don't know at that point that the John Heard character is still alive.

And speaking of Heard, he's completely ineffectual; as a villain mostly because there's nothing all that menacing about an art dealer trying to retrieve a valuable necklace. Still, the largest chunk of the blame for the film's rampant mediocrity goes to star Goldie Hawn. I can understand her wanting to branch out from her kooky comedies and that her character is supposed to be traumatized by these events, but that's no excuse for her to sleepwalk through her performance here. And when she does finally show some backbone at the end, it's clearly too late to save the film.

"Deceived" isn't so much a bad film as it is simply a routine and forgettable one. There's little here to sustain your interest throughout the entire running time.
½ June 16, 2014
Seeing Goldie Hawn in a thriller is terrifying enough anyway
May 30, 2013
Deceived rests totally on the weight of Goldie Hawn's shoulders and she delivers. There are numerous plot holes in the movie, but Hawn works very well with what she has, and shows that she can more than handle serious drama. John Heard does seem miscast, as he goes from charming to psychotic without ever really establishing what makes his character tick, and why he has done what he did. All in all, a decent movie.
May 7, 2013
What a film it's one of the best thriller I have seen for awhile
February 1, 2013
Dark, suspenseful film with some twists and turns that can certainly keep you guessing. Above average thrills and chills.
October 29, 2012
Goldie Hawn is really good in this. Some parts are really predictable but it's still a pretty good watch.
½ September 13, 2012
Muito bom poder rever Goldie Hawn em seus √°ureos tempos...
August 21, 2012
Top film with a proper twist
½ June 8, 2012
Dull paint-by-numbers thriller with Goldie Hawn trying out a dramatic role for a change, that's unfortunately not all that thrilling. Hawn isn't bad in a dramatic role, but I did have a hard time taking her seriously after so many years of comedy. It's not a horrible movie, but it really did seem rathe lifeless. On the plus side, the film had nice photography from frequent Clint Eastwood collaborator Jack N. Green, a strong performance by John Heard and some interesting directorial flourishes by Damian Harris.
½ April 18, 2012
A dramatic thriller that grips you from lustrious opening to thrilling end.
January 4, 2012
Stolen social security numbers, lies about identity, lies seeking forgiveness, lies making amends.
½ April 24, 2011
Hummmm... Who is Goldie Hawn's husband in Deceived? She thought she knew who she married, but, he has a dark past loaded with secrets. After his death, the whole story starts to unwind. A good suspense movie with a few surprises and twists. Well worth watching this movie.
March 16, 2011
Very predictable! I like John Heard....an okay movie.
February 13, 2011
Great Hitchcocian thriller.
January 8, 2011
I thought this was a good movie. I am not big on either actors John Heard and Goldie Hawn. To me considering the fact that it was suspenseful met up with my enjoyment.