Deceived - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

November 13, 2010
well i kike Goldie i didn't think it was 1 of her best
xxdebxx
November 12, 2010
A successful, attractive New Yorker Adrienne (Goldie Hawn) meets the man who seems to be Mr. Right (Jack played by John Heard) and their marriage is everything she hoped it would be, until he suddenly and mysteriously dies.

As more evidence starts to arise about Jack's life before and during his marriage to Adrienne, it becomes obvious that he's somehow not the person that she's married to and he may have been involved in criminal activity or having an affair with someone else.

It had great promise but the little twists and turns seems contrived as Goldie Hawn goes about unraveling this complicated mystery of her husband's identity.

Goldie Hawn is always good to watch and I enjoyed John Heard is at his deliciously evil best.
September 6, 2010
Hawn discovers that her perfect marriage ain't so perfect after all when, first, he dies and, second, comes back from the grave to retrieve a stolen necklace. Ms. Hawn is always a pleasure to watch on screen but the story is too contrived and silly for me to care.
½ August 21, 2010
I'm going to have to deduct from the standard 3 star for that WTF ending?!
June 25, 2010
An average thriller plot with a few neat twists and a likeable lead in the form of Goldie Hawn and a good ending make this a watchable if a bit forgettable thriller.
June 16, 2010
Although it was an average thriller, the steady way that the mystery unfolded throughout the film was good. Rather than everything being explained right at the end.
June 14, 2010
A pretty exciting thriller...though most of it is quite predictable...wonder if it was more powerful when 1st released!!!
½ June 14, 2010
Bland, incredibly stupid Goldie Hawn vehicle which ambles along at a slow pace and offers no surprises or a narrative pay-off. Avoidable at best.
June 13, 2010
I guess the big problem I had with this movie is that I have NEVER taken John Heard seriously. He usually plays jerks or a-holes, but this is the first time I've seen him play a villain. I wasn't really impressed with either Heard or Hawn, who has pretty much retired from cinema in the last 5 years. Her daughter Kate Hudson has been running circles around her. Not worth a rental in my opinion.
May 19, 2010
This is a much under rated movie. It's a rare chance to see Goldie Hawn in a serious role and one which she excels in - the acting is great and you are totally drawn into her world of grief at the death of her husband and then into a fast paced thriller as she finds that he wasn't who he said he was. The ending will literally take your breath away. A great movie and one that I have watched many times.
December 10, 2009
Hey World! Theis Movie SUX!!!
October 17, 2009
Not as good as I remember it being 15+ years ago. It looks dated and there is very little mystery in the story‚??s big revelation regardless of whether I‚??ve seen the film before. The film portrays Hawn as a strong, independent heroine (although she didn‚??t always make the smartest decisions).
½ October 15, 2009
The movie as a whole gets a 3 star rating...but that horribly STUPID ending drops it down to the absolute bottomless pit of suckage. Which extends the rule: almost every Goldie Hawn movie STINKS.
½ October 6, 2009
This was a really crazy thriller!
½ August 26, 2009
Hawn did not receive the credit she deserved on this picture. It is worth the watch!
deano
July 24, 2009
This underrated Goldie Hawn thriller is hot stuff. She's the woman with the perfect marriage who uncovers disturbing details about her husband after he dies. All expectations to the contrary, Hawn actually acts here, emitting barely any of her girlish giggles. Though it's never clear why she doesn't just go to the police when things turn nasty, the tension builds nicely throughout, with a superbly tense finale that avoids most of the clichť traps other recent thrillers fall into.
April 16, 2009
Talk about unexpected twists in a movie? This is it. Goldie Hawn plays a serious role and is outstanding in it.
April 3, 2009
Not spectacular. You could guess where this film was going thanks to a "not so well chosen" title.
March 20, 2009
Goldie Hawn & John Heard are very good in this. Very suspenseful. Do you really know who you are married to?
March 19, 2009
Again, love Goldie Hawn. John Heard played a very strange character. Very good movie.