The Flash - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Flash Reviews

½ June 12, 2016
Haha he's Jay Gerrick.
½ February 8, 2016
Extremely well done show, especially for the budget and effects limitations of TV in 1990. When they finally started adding costumed characters, the show really proved itself worthy. Another major win for this series was the fact that there was no true time period. Cars were from the 50s and 90s, clothing looked very 90s, there was considerable neon for the 80s. It was like the comic book came to life without a definite time period and worked so well.
June 8, 2015
Nope, I did not come out the Reverse-Flash
November 27, 2014
I thought it was great for its time, and a great shame there was only one series!
½ September 19, 2014
This show was very good with its first episode. The costume looked so damn fake though as if it were a halloween costume XD but it looks good for looking like old superhero movie costume. However all other episodes were boring since i kept thinking about the new 2014 flash.
½ July 31, 2014
Solid TV pilot that could be given a clear comparison to Tim Burton's Batman, in terms of tone, the look of the villains and some of the sets, and the overall feel of the show.
July 15, 2014
A great short lived series that was similar in tone to Lois and Clark but a bit better executed. Shipp is great. He is neither too serious or too campy. Deserved much better than the 1 year it got.
November 28, 2012
As a long-time superhero fan, "The Flash" sounded right up my alley, even if it was direct-to-video. Was it? Yes...and no. Let's start with what I liked about it: The good guys were easily likable, and the villains were equally despicable. Some scenes involving death were appropriately heart-searing. Superhero flicks always have action, and this one had some great hero/baddie fights, especially towards the end, and there was little blood and zero gore throughout. What didn't I like about "The Flash"? I could talk about the slightly excessive profanity, but the bigger problems were sexual references/innuendos and a pokey pace. Not only that, but the fact that "The Flash" is a far cry from modern-day superhero flicks will likely turn some viewers off. So, my thoughts? Older superhero fans may find this mildly enjoyable, but, everyone else should go watch "Iron Man," "Spider-Man 2," or "Batman Begins".
April 21, 2012
Very well made pilot episode.
March 9, 2012
This had the worst possible timing, squaring off against The Simpsons (in cultural prime), The Cosby Show, and frequent Gulf War interruptions. As far as tv adaptations of a comic book go, this had the benefit of a good cast and a nice budget. It deserved better than one season.
February 12, 2012
It's old but I love super hero's and these r the one's I grew up watching, the old one don't screw as much up, as in getting facts & full on physical differences things I very much dislike in the newer ones.
½ September 20, 2011
A terribly wonderful... Or is it wonderfully terrible movie. When compared to other super hero movies of the time, Captain America, The Rocketeer, and The Punisher (1989) it holds up pretty strong. Now that's not to say it's any Dark Knight but still entertaining enough. It got all the trademarks of an unimaginative writing staff. Gaudy film score, biker gang equipped with infinite numbers of bikes, hideouts, guns, evil gang leader with scars on face. Even a beef between an ex-cop and leader of vice squad. Sign me up, and expect a remake/rehash in the coming years because I'm sure nobody has seen this version.
June 25, 2011
½ June 21, 2011
Awesome Cheesy TV movie goodness! I loved the series.
½ April 13, 2011
Good pilot to a sadly short lived tv show. Too bad it didn't catch on but I own it on DVD now so I am happy about that.
½ August 19, 2010
Apparently this pilot just didn't grab me when it first aired, because I don't remember seeing any more episodes. However, curiosity and a $15 price tag for the entire TV series got the better of me. You can tell they were trying to emulate the 1989 Batman movie, and they don't do too bad a job of adapting the Flash for television. It's better than most of Marvel's movies from that time! Actually, it's way better than the mid-90s Batman films, too. The effects are pretty good, and the acting is above average for 90's television. All in all, i was entertained and I actually want to watch the rest of the series!
½ August 8, 2010
This show had serious promise. Really great pilot.
½ April 29, 2010
This is the one superhero movie that's talked about even less than Superwoman with Faye Dunaway. Before CGI & during a time when Burtons Batman was the big superhero blockbuster this little surprise came out after the tv series (with all the same actors) bombed. JWS plays a great Barry Allen & an even better Flash. Paula Marshall has domestic hotness & deserves more work. This has definitely aged poorly, but it will still surprise you. It's only a matter of time before they make a 21st Century Flash. Aquaman isn't too far behind either.
March 18, 2010
A badass T.V. movie pilot that created a pretty cool show! The costume, acting, and action was freaking sweet.