Le Cerveau (The Brain) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Le Cerveau (The Brain) Reviews

July 25, 2014
I taped this film on VHS as a kid & I still watch it. Rolling on the floor laughter, luv David Niven always.
January 28, 2014
Strictement pour ceux dont la perspective de passer deux heures avec de tres cabotins Jean-Paul Belmondo et Bourvil, Le Cerveau est une comedie d'action qui s'ecroule assez durement apres une premiere heure vraiment tres drole. C'est vraiment dommage car la musique est excellente, les cascades plutot convaincantes pour l'epoque et les seconds roles (David Niven et Eli Wallach) vraiment bons. Mais c'est beaucoup trop long pour son propre bien.
January 27, 2014
the best comedy film
½ October 13, 2012
The Brain (1969) I want to see it .
½ May 16, 2012
This French action comedy film from the late 60s has Jean Paul Belmondo and his ditsy aide go for the same train heist as Europe greatest and smartest burglar, David "The brain" Niven. The chaos is complete when an Italian mafiosi (Eli Wallach) and his lascivious little sister enter the scene. The result makes for lots of laughs, lovable characters, chaotic chases, misunderstandings and a fun heist scene. Overall fun, entertaining and original.
August 8, 2009
Absolutely brilliant French comedy from the late sixties. Everything about this movie is perfect: the locations, the music, the feel of the sixties, the plot, and of course the slapstick-style humour. There is not a single moment of dullness in this movie, and the funny scenes, although very silly and often physically impossible, are actually really funny. On several occasions, I was laughing out loud on my own, which doesn't happen a lot when I watch movies (just imagine Belmondo trying to escape from a ferocious feline pet and getting entangled in (telephone) wires on top of a four-poster bed while doing so).
April 24, 2009
David Niven is in my family (: I love this movie (:
½ October 9, 2008
Saw this once on BBC2 many years ago and remember enjoying it - would love to see it again!
September 23, 2008
Amusant, mais sans plus. Les courses de voitures sont rigolotes, Bebel aussi parfois...
September 22, 2008
Pas toujours très fin, mais globalement agréable. Et il y a Bebel... parfait, comme d'habitude!!!